Thread: OpenGL Driver
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 PM
detroit_doug
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OpenGL Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxmaster View Post
Hmmm, ok.. I'll rephrase that.. does the US rom come with a touch cube that you can bring up by sliding your finger up the screen and then spin it left and right with gestures?

btw, @doug, I'm glad someone else noticed the GPU was enabled... I dont quite understand that no one seems to be excited about this. Its hardly mentioned in the forums. It is a really big thing, for one, it proves that the Imageon 2300 is actually inside the vogue, and accessible.
Didnt Htc at one stage say it wasnt in there? lol. Also, I just enabled cpu usage monitor when running neocore, and it isnt using 100% cpu, which is nice, so there is some room left over for other processing. I wonder if the phone could be disabled temporarily in games and its ARM9 used for processing?

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Actually I understood the reference just wasnt sure if you were meaning TF3D directly as in Diamond/Touch Pro?Touch HD or referencing the TF2D port of it as the naming is commonly misused from device to device

And I really didnt even think of the Cube, but yes, the cube in a WinMO 6/6.1 OS is the default on US Vogues

Actually I am very excited about the hardware being enabled and actually being seen used as it should be, the one MAJOR drawback to the vogue is the fact the hardware is there but not enabled (utilized) in common OS/Applications and I do actually think the Android used drivers can indeed be ported over as I believe they came either from HTC/Google originally during development of the Android OS and just found and now being tweaked and shown off and I think as so much is ported from Windows to Linux in day to day PC world, the time to do so with Android (Linux) to WinMO cannot be any more difficult as it really would be just a case of reverse engineering (not directly as tearing something apart and recreating it but in a driver/DLL sense of moving in reverse from Linux to Windows/WinMO)

Of course this is all just speculation and deep hope from me although my immediate concern if and when this does come to fruition is not the ability as much as how much draw on the battery will the 3D increase and how quickly will this kill existing OEM (1100maH) batteries let alone the larger aftermarket batteries

Detroit Doug