PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Spydc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
I thought Asurion was only for physical damage?
I thought so too but Asurion warrants any phone they give you from a claim up to 12 months. If you call, there is a prompt stating if you have problems with a phone you recently got. They just transfered me to a tech and he went through the standard troubleshooting steps and offered to replace it over the phone.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Spydc is a n00b

I'm scared to go to a corp store becuz I have a tiny crack on the phone's chrome just above the volume key... but physically the phone is fine other than that. That's like the third time the chrome chipped off at the spot.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydc View Post
I'm scared to go to a corp store becuz I have a tiny crack on the phone's chrome just above the volume key... but physically the phone is fine other than that. That's like the third time the chrome chipped off at the spot.
it won't hurt to try. all they can do is say no, then you take it to another store.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

whoa? Chipped chrome? as long as it isnt from abuse it is covered, there is an extensive thread and bulletin on cracked chome.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bridlar77 is a n00b
Angry Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

This has happened on 2 of my 4 replacements.If you have your information synced to your computer go to page 126 of your owner manual and do the hard reset. You will be set back to the factory settings but you will be able to use the phone....The above should reset the phone if you don't have the manual with the power off hold the down volume button and then the enter button (center part of the circle) at the same time with both pushed in hold the power button until the reset screen comes on. If you were unable to turn off like me remove the battery and put back in place this will do the trick. This will then give you the option to do a reset. When the phone turns back on it will be at factory settings Hope this helped Sprint needs to step up and either fix the phones properly before sending out the replacement or offer a comparable replacement not a downgrade they act like we bought a cheap phone and are now wanting something for nothing i am quite frankly tired of getting refurb phones that don't work. This phone was their highest priced model when i purchased mine in January of this year 5 phones now and till having issues i'm about over sprint and this issue im tired of not having a dependable phone and get 10 different answers from 10 different reps.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I'm on my 3rd crappy refurb this month. Tired of going to the store, I emailed Dan at Sprint dot com and someone actually called me back. I missed the call
She left a voicemail and a number to call back. I got her voicemail, but at least now I have a one on one going. Maybe I can finally resolve this in the morning. Wish me luck.
So here is my follow up, not sure if it will be useful to anyone or not..Today the woman from Dan's office called me back. In short, she fully admitted that the Touch Pro is a problem device and Sprint is well aware of it. She said that "Sprint is working closely with HTC". She then went on to tell me that the TP2 is no longer on the replacement list for Advance Exchange, but some stores are able to offer TP2 as replacement at thier discression.

So it seems to me that calling *2 or calling customer service maybe very difficult at this point and we are all better off going to the Corp store.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post

So it seems to me that calling *2 or calling customer service maybe very difficult at this point and we are all better off going to the Corp store.
but that's because this thread is old. it worked for me, but that was the end of october. but what everyone has to understand is this is all hit or miss. some people walked right into a store and got one, some got it mailed to thier house, some had to jump thru hoops....you get my drift. there are no magic words or phrases that will make this happen. it depends on your attitude and the attitude of the person you're dealing with. if they don't play ball, you go to another store.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

electrongun is a n00b

Yeah! I finally got a TP2, no small ordeal though. 3 weeks to be exact.
I'll try to make this short:
1) broken keyboard, went to 3rd party repair center, where I was offered a list of replacements but no TP2. Hinted about the TP2, but got nowhere. Ordered a TP replacement.
2) Get replacement, but the top was loose, ordered new replacement on the spot.
3) Get replacement, keyboard brakes again after a week.
4) Called #2, told them about the keyboard and explained that I heard that the phone was being replaced, got transferred around. Everybody claimed that the phone was not being replaced. Customer retention tried calling the store, but the store did not pick up.
5) Went to three other 3rd party repair centers. Each time I was offerd the standard list but no TP2, but the last one indicated that the TP2 was not on the list anymore and that I should check with him from time to time.
6) Called to check, the TP2 was back on the list but he could not place order.
7) Called #2, Indicated that my keyboard was broken and the store employee tried to order me a TP2 but the system would not let him. Got transferred to advanced device replacement (or something), where I was told the phone was out of stock.
8 )Called back immediately and got transferred to Asurion, hanged up.
9) Called again, indicated that my keyboard was broken and that the store employee could not order me a replacement.
Got transferred to advance Tech Support, same story at which point I was told that a TP replacement had been ordered. I indicated that the store employee offered me a different model at which point the tech told me that "he was just getting to that", then went on to offer me the TP2 with the caveat that the system might not let him order it. Luckily, the order went through.

The morale is:
1) Try to find a store that is willing to offer you a TP2, because support might try to contact the store.
2) keep calling until you get the answer you want. Be polite and patient. I became rude out of frustration on my first try with #2, but that got me nowhere.
3) Do not mention that you want a TP2, let them offer it.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrongun View Post
3) Do not mention that you want a TP2, let them offer it.
this is what i keep saying! don't tell them that you don't want your tp, and don't ask about the tp2. if it isn't offered, you're not gonna get it.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well I made a trip to the Sprint store and luckily my replacement was a Touch Pro 2. I even got to keep my battery from my Touch Pro which means I have 2 batteries I didn't pay for that I am selling to a coworker for $30.

I must say after having the Touch Pro 2 for less than 24 hours it is better in almost every way than the Touch Pro. My data connection hasn't dropped and I haven't had a dropped call yet. I haven't had any overheating issues and the battery lasts longer.

Now I am off to the Touch Pro 2 forum to unlock and flash to energyrom (unless someone can suggest a better rom). Good luck to the rest of you and I hope to see you all on the Touch Pro 2 forum soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro