PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I just went through the refurb merry-go-around. Very painful.

My Touch Pro had some screen blotchiness. I went to a corporate store with a repair person. He decided that the phone was unrepairable, and tried to steer me into a Treo Pro, Blackberry, etc. I told him that none of those were comparable, and asked for another Touch Pro. He ordered one.

I picked it up today. Within hours, it wouldn't boot or hard-reset. I took it back to the store. The repair person couldn't do anything with it either. In desperation I simply asked for my old phone back. They gave it to me.

Needless to say, no one at any time even mentioned the existence of the Touch Pro 2.

My point here is that the real problem is Sprint's (or HTC's?) utter inability to refurbish this model properly. Refurbs are worse than the phones they're supposed to replace.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I have not had the experience of a refurb being worse. Most of the time the refurbs are in better shape than brand new depending on the refurbish date if you have one with a most recent refurbish date than it should be good. My last refurb #2 has not given me any problems but I'm just patiently waiting untilit actually give up and go to the store to get a TP2. I would not scam sprint. Some people have some good experiences others not.

Giovanny
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Here's my take one why people have been able to have a TP2 ordered and others have not. This is partly speculation and partly due to my calling around to different stores to see whether I can find one that will place an order for me:

Due to the issues that Sprint is having with the TP they decided to order limited quantities of the TP2 and restrict the sales to online, telesales and a few stores. They're probably monitoring the problems that they have with these units in order to make a decision on whether to start selling them in all stores.

This would explain why some stores are able to place orders and others are not. It's my guess that the stores that have been selected to sell the device are the ones that will be able to order you an upgrade. Those that are not eligible to sell the device will not be able to order it (makes perfect sense to me). This would explain to me why when I called some of the local stores to check whether they had TP2's for sale for a new customer they were unable to sell me one and directed me to telesales or online. Why else would they want to miss out on a sale? Also, as I've mentioned previously the store that I'm dealing with has made a great effort in trying to get me a TP2. Both the manager and lead tech have asked me to call them every day and they go online to check whether the phone is available for order. If they could place an order and just didn't want to there would be no reason for them to ask me to call back later in the day, or the next day, for them to check again. This is one of the largest repair centers in the area and these guys are ALWAYS busy so I feel really bad to keep calling them (sometimes they have to call me back because they're so busy), but they continue to check whenever I call them and always ask me to call back the next day so they can check again.
It is my guess that if your repair center is able to sell you a phone (even if they have to place an order to do it) then they should be able to order you a replacement. If they can't order one for resale then they will not be able to order you a replacement until either the warehouse gets more stock for replacement, or Sprint makes the TP2 available to their store for customers to purchase.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

there's a thread going around about sprint having them in stores this sunday the 15th, so that will tell if the exchange is still going on.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
there's a thread going around about sprint having them in stores this sunday the 15th, so that will tell if the exchange is still going on.
That would be awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Could you please direct me to the thread, since I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

willielumpx2 is a n00b

Better Business Burea
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Gunbust3r is a n00b

Went in and picked up my new in box TP2 on Wed. They activated it and also gave me back the old TP1

Rock on Sprint!

Last edited by Gunbust3r; 11-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

derf1184 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Could you please direct me to the thread, since I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks.
Thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95946

Been waiting to try one of these out in the store before making the jump.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbust3r View Post
Went in and picked up my new in box TP2 on Wed. They activated it and also gave me back the old TP1

Rock on Sprint!
Amazing.
I talked to a guy yesterday who just got his 7th TP for various reasons...

Do you guys wonder if they are taking the TP's you guys are trading in for TP2 and then refurb'ing them and giving it back out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro