PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dibara2003 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
To be honest I am not sure. I was so excited when she said it was in stock I forgot to ask. Once I verbally verified I was actually getting a TP2 sent out then received the order and warehouse number I hung up before she could change her mind haha. I will let you know in a few days when it gets here.
If you got in this morning, you'll probably be getting a refurb. It was the priority level 4's that got replenished. Level 4 replacements are refurbished.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
The thing that sucks is that it went in stock at 5-something AM my time.
I got my call in at 12:15 Eastern and that seems like it was close to the cut off. Cause my friend went in to a store like 10-20 min later and it was OOS by then.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
If you got in this morning, you'll probably be getting a refurb. It was the priority level 4's that got replenished. Level 4 replacements are refurbished.
That is what I was assuming, but I am just happy to get one. Now that I have my foot in the TP2 door, if I ever have problems I can probably get them to send a NIB if it comes down to it. Hopefully I have no real issues with the TP2 and it does not come to that though.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

Quote:
Yea it was a very small window that they were in stock for. I can't believe I was lucky enough to get one.
Same here. I've been trying for two weeks and couldn't believe I got two of them.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

geedubya15 is a n00b

Quote:
To be honest I am not sure. I was so excited when she said it was in stock I forgot to ask. Once I verbally verified I was actually getting a TP2 sent out then received the order and warehouse number I hung up before she could change her mind haha. I will let you know in a few days when it gets here.
This is the supervisor that ordered this? I called today and talked to tech support. They said that if they ordered it online they could credit me the touch pro 2 but it would extend my contract the 2 years. I didnt want this. They said because insurance has replaced my phone 3 times that the only way I could get the phone is if I extended my contract? I'm on a backorder list at a sprint store. I called the store and asked them and they said this wasnt true. Made it sound as the reps/tech support online is looking to make a commission. Are you sure this wasnt the case for you...whoever got it ordered through customer service?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
Same here. I've been trying for two weeks and couldn't believe I got two of them.
1 for you and 1 for Mrs. Peaches, I presume?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
Congrats. I'm still waiting after 2 weeks as well. My 5+ hour time difference really killed me this time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedubya15 View Post
This is the supervisor that ordered this? I called today and talked to tech support. They said that if they ordered it online they could credit me the touch pro 2 but it would extend my contract the 2 years. I didnt want this. They said because insurance has replaced my phone 3 times that the only way I could get the phone is if I extended my contract? I'm on a backorder list at a sprint store. I called the store and asked them and they said this wasnt true. Made it sound as the reps/tech support online is looking to make a commission. Are you sure this wasnt the case for you...whoever got it ordered through customer service?
I highly doubt it. During all of my conversations with the advanced support rep, they never mention anything about having to extend my contract to get the phone ordered. The first time I called about 2 weeks ago, I just listed the problems I was having and they offered to replace it with the phones from the WEL list. This is still my first TP so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

I went to a Service Center in Denver yesterday cause my phone would not go on landscape mode. I told them I wanted it replaced, not repaired like they offered me to do. I was given the same old speech on which phone they can give me and I said I didnt want any of them cause non were comparable replacements and that I wanted the TP2 since he failed to mention that phone as one of my options. Well, he told me I couldnt get that one cause it wasnt on the list (BullSh..). So I told him I KNEW it was in the list and that it was the only replacement I was willing to accept.

Long story short, they offered to either fix the phone, replace it with one of the ones in the list except TP2, or get another TP1 refurb, which they had in stock. So I opted for another TP1.

Well, this morning I come to find out that the keyboard on the refurb they gave me wasnt responding what so ever. I didnt know until today cause I didnt use the KB yesterday after getting it.

I went back today and there were different people there this time to take care of me and to not make this story any longer, they took me to the demo phones and offered to replace it again with one of the other ones in the list except TP2 since it wasnt even on display. I said no, only would take TP2 since it is one of my options so he told me he had to talk to his boss.

He came out a couple of minutes later and told me they could fix my phone and when the TP2 became available to them (after agreeing that it was allowed to replace with TP2 but OOS) they could replace my TP1 with TP2. So I agreed, they agreed to call me when it became available and that I could call them by Tuesday afternoon if I hadnt heard from them by then. They gave me a buisiness card and told me that my work order had all the notes saying that I would get a TP2 once it was available even thought they fixed my TP1 and is working fine at the moment.

PS: This is my 6th TP1 and my wife is on her 5th which we havent tried to get a TP2 replacement for but will try once I know they have the TP2 in stock because hers freezes all the time.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

Last edited by Hugo381; 10-23-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
Long story short, they offered to either fix the phone, replace it with one of the ones in the list except TP2, or get another TP1 refurb, which they had in stock. So I opted for another TP1.

...when the TP2 became available to them (after agreeing that it was allowed to replace with TP2 but OOS) they could replace my TP1 with TP2. So I agreed, they agreed to call me when it became available and that I could call them by Tuesday afternoon if I hadnt heard from them by then. They gave me a buisiness card and told me that my work order had all the notes saying that I would get a TP2 once it was available even thought they fixed my TP1 and is working fine at the moment.

This is the exact scenario I am under and what happened to me today. I am going to call my guy on Monday and prod a bit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro