PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My friend hates his TP cuz of these issues and blames me 4 selling him on HTC.

another touch pro sucks thread....woo-hoo! as stated earlier, winmo ain't for everyone, especially if they think the cryphone is the answer to all things mobile.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Thumbs up Re: My friend hates his TP cuz of these issues and blames me 4 selling him on HTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Sounds like your freind had a very clear outlook on EXACTLY what he wanted.
I think he should have done a little shopping around and reading up on devices before he just jumped into one.
And by the sounds of it the iphone would suit his needs perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
+1, agreed completely. Tell your friend to become an informed consumer and make his OWN decisions, not rely on a recomendation from a friend, assuming it will be what will work for him.....It's his own fault
+1 iam with you guys.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: My friend hates his TP cuz of these issues and blames me 4 selling him on HTC.

IMO, I think the OP is an iPhone fanboy, I have had the same TP for 8 months with the only problem being the heat. If you want to drive to a contact with GPS, you need to go into the extras and copy the contacts to Sprint Nav (takes seconds). The search issues that your "friend" is having makes no sense, I type a letter and it brings up all contacts with that letter in the name as I type more it narrows the feild down. As for the business search, does your "friend" have the business name in the company feild or the first name field? Also, if you (or your "friend") is going through 3 batteries a day you may want to get the phone looked at. I just wish the phone had a better speakerphone feature.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
My friend hates his Sprint Touch Pro and blames me 4 selling him on HTC.

If anyone can offer any help or fixes, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am going to e-mail him a link to this thread.

Thank you.

The following in quotes is the e-mail he sent me.
The freezing issues are solved with one of the MANY custom ROMs available here. The battery life issues are easily solved by swapping the awful stock radio rom for one of several available here. I live in Arizona and the Telus radio is an amazing improvement in both battery life AND heat issues.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

58grunt11 is a n00b

Iphones are neat toys if you like a phone where the people who make it only allow you to use programs they make or approve and then make you pay for them. Not to mention the carrier forces you to have the high dollar data plan. A little to territorial for me.

Winmo phones on the other hand can have the OS broken down, hacked, rebuilt better strong faster and all for free if you choose not to donate . Microsoft is behind in the game as far as certified apps go but thanks to some people out there willing to "convert" some programs to work on our phones we can do the same things an Iphone can. In my area Sprint is faster than At&t so my friends are stuck waiting when we do a "search off" or whatever, thats fun to rub in.

Oh and when Microsoft opens its Market Place for cell phone apps and finally puts out winmo 6.5/7.0 you are going to see the gap close and its a small gap.

My only complaints with the TP is the screen could be bigger, camera could be faster for quick snapshots and the keyboard issue. Which I currently have developed right after reading there was a keyboard issue, thanks to whoever jinxed me. Anyway all those issues seem to be fixed in the TP2, which im kinda drooling over. Gotta find a way to get if for the $50 replacement fee on insurance. Had a buddy do it for a moto Q to moto Q9C at the sprint campus store I cant justify another 400 bones for a phone to the wife, dont want to make it angry

sorry to unload here but not really
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Wow, an other ICRAP fan.

I would never suggest a WM phone to anyone. Go Iphone, really.

WM phone require a devotion, and alot of attention. If all you want is a phone, turn it on and make your calls, get whatever suites you. Does it feel good in your hands, is it as heavy as a brick (iphonea), can you run only one thing at time? Oh yeah, will it impress your friends?

I totally love my tp, and how I can have every app on the phone running at once, jumping from app to app. I love the feel of it, I love the look of it, I love that it is not a brick and the size of a house in my pocket. I also love the fact it is on cricket and everything works. Apps available are great, and most are free. I don't have to be on sprint, or att, or any other carrier to make them work, they just work. For those of us that don't have sprint, or sprint nav, other gps apps get us where we want to go, you just need to tell it where you are going. It doesn't guess, or mind read. Not even the ijunk can do that.

Contact issue is easy to resolve. Everyone has a name. If you don't know the people in your contacts, or who they work for, or even where they are located, 1. should they be in your contacts? 2. do you really need to locate them that bad? Find an agreed upon loctation to meet, send them a letter thru snail mail, xmas card or some other type of comuniction.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Exclamation Re: My friend hates his TP cuz of these issues and blames me 4 selling him on HTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Tell him to get an iPhone.
this coment my get me in problems with the mods but f*** the iphone!! unless u enjoy being a slave!!! And u can put a STAMP on that!!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Its funny, as much as I love my WinMo phones, I wouldn't really recommend one to anyone. Prior to the release of the iPhone perhaps, but now everyone is convinced that the iPhone runs so flawlessly and perfect that I know I would not hear the end of it if I recommended WM to someone.

Funny story: my coworker just ditched his sero plan so that he could get an iPhone with AT&T. He is a true apple fanboy and will buy anything they manufacture (BTW, he's gone through 4 faulty imacs, and 3 faulty ipods up to this point). Anyhow, he bought the iPhone thinking it was perfect. He starts showing me the compass and google maps (under the impression iPhone is only phone with googlemaps- very misinformed), and his compass starts wigging out saying west is north and could never get a clear reading or quick GPS lock. Then, the next day he comes in and tells me that his wife had been trying to call him and text him for 30 minutes while waiting in the parking lot to pick him up. He never received a single call or text!

personally, I like the iPhone and would like to add one to my arsenal of phones. I just don't like the way the world is convinced that they don't have their drawbacks and are infinitely better than anything else on the market.

I agree with some of the earlier post, if he has information label correctly in the proper field than he should be able to find his contacts. I do not experience those issues, but I also don't have 1700+ contacts, WTF is the point of having that many contacts anyway?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:31 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Its funny, as much as I love my WinMo phones, I wouldn't really recommend one to anyone. Prior to the release of the iPhone perhaps, but now everyone is convinced that the iPhone runs so flawlessly and perfect that I know I would not hear the end of it if I recommended WM to someone.
I agree. I recommend BB's since they are easy to use (even though I'm not a fan and I will never own one).

Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
IMO, I think the OP is an iPhone fanboy, I have had the same TP for 8 months with the only problem being the heat. If you want to drive to a contact with GPS, you need to go into the extras and copy the contacts to Sprint Nav (takes seconds). The search issues that your "friend" is having makes no sense, I type a letter and it brings up all contacts with that letter in the name as I type more it narrows the feild down. As for the business search, does your "friend" have the business name in the company feild or the first name field? Also, if you (or your "friend") is going through 3 batteries a day you may want to get the phone looked at. I just wish the phone had a better speakerphone feature.
i bet the battery issue is he either has WiFi or BT on all the time or both. and probably has the screen light turn off set at like 10 min so the back light is always on. friend and OP sound like tools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro