PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

Well, i've been reading the forum for days triying to get service (metro pcs) on my HTC touch pro CDMA.
Now i'm in a dead end road and i don't know what to do. I begging some help.

Let me explain all:
First i wanted my phone be activated on the metropcs network, but i decided first to unlock my phone and flash a rom before going to the metro store, this was in case if i took my phone, do the metroflash ,unlock at home, putting a new rom and then all the metroflash settings were lost!.

Yesterday succesfully unlocked my phone using the Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team metod .
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

I choose the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 for my phone, piece of cake. I double check and the phone was unlocked (in the boot screen was 0.37.CMONEX)

then i decided to install the mighty room MightyROM6_07.18.09_Herman and all were very easy and smooth.

Today i went to the metro store and ask for the metroflash service for my phone, they told me all the stuff all you ready know(no internet, no picture messages, bla,bla), i said ok no problem (because i was reading this forum and i know it is possible).

Then they made me sign a document where states that Metro takes no responsability about unlocking your phone and all the risks that may occur, i was thinking, well, many people at the forum have unlocked phones at metro, so i sign.

One hour later they came with my phone and then told me that their system did not allow my phone get over the metro network, and some times something like that happens. I took my phone and everything looks fine, then i think, maybe that was because my phone was already unlocked, their system didn't allow unlock again my phone. So i decided to return home, put a spring stock rom and relock the phone.
Then i decided to check the ##778# at the dial pad end enter to the edit mode, and i found the phone was locked! i put 000000 trying to unlock, no success.Check again the boot screen and the phone was unlocked (0.37.CMONEX) .So i finilly decided to put a stock rom and lock the phone.

I was looking for info for a knoob like me to put my phone back to stock. I found in the forum the StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped file( ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar ) , extracted the file, rename it to raphimg.nbh, put it in my sd card, turn my htc touch by holding volume down and power, rom was flashed, softh reset, and everything going fine, i went tru the configuration again and everthing fine.

All looks normal with my phone, then i went with the lock metod using the Raphael_CDMA_Relocker, but then the problems started , first when i was runnig the app, i got Activesync problems, the usb conection to my phone was lost. The raphael cdma relocker went in to fix the problem: disconect the usb from my phone, unistall the battery, installed again. So i was thinking maybe the Activesync have problems, then i reinstalled the activesync in my pc.

Uff...Nothing happens, the disconection problem still there, no Activesync to my phone runing the Raphael relocker, tryed many times with no luck.

Then i choose to use a diferent lock metod: the unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card! metod ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333) use the file ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1245203494) , save it to my sd card, run the boot menu at my phone,and then i was feeling something was wrong, because the loading screen was there forever and nothing happens.
Give a soft reset and this was appearing in the boot screen:

RAPH800
SLP-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann(LED) V0c85
MicroP-Hermann(Key) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE-EVT v20

Upgrade ROM code error
please try again

Now my phone appears as Locked! and can't pass the l o a d i n g .... screen.
Yes, i know reading is important and i made a mistake, because there states how to lock properly :"
Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificats are signes wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

no need for any crazy things like the SSPL or what not. Though a few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.
"

But i don't know what to do now because of the activesync conection problem with my pc and the eternal loading screen...

So if any one know how can i fix this problem i will be very been thankful.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

Well, guess, what?....... I've got my problem solved!
I want to thank all the administrators of this forum because i found the solution to my problem here in the forum.

And now i want to write about what i did to solve this problem, maybe this can help someone else.

First let me tell you this: Bootloader tricolor screen = no brick, and still can recover your phone

My problem was because i flashed a dump rom version at my phone, then try to relock causing all the problems listed above (no sync with my pc, phone locked,stuck on loading screen and a LOT of frustration )

So i made a little reserch in the forum and i found a similar problem as mine here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...vesync+problem

Where Razorloves states :"ok...this is what you need to do. your phone is locked now, so you can't flash a custom rom or a stock rom dump. you have to flash the SHIPPED stock rom and then your phone will be fine. download the SHIPPED stock rom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
then, you have to remove the mem card from phone and connect it to computer while your phone is in the bootloader mode (tri-color screen), then run the shipped rom exe file and the flashing process will begin.

or, you can flash via microsd card by using winrar to extract the nbh from the SHIPPED rom, rename it properly and put it on your mem card and flash it that way
."

So i went there , dowloaded the sprint updated version (because my phone is a sprint).
then:

-removed my sd card from my phone.
-got in to bootloader mode (volume down+power buttons)
-conect my phone to y pc (even without no recognition by activesync)
-run the Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.4_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_0909_PRL60613_Ship.exe.
and then CONECTION AND RECOVERY SUCCESS!

I hope this can help someone else in the same situation i was, and save you a sleepless night LOL

Thanks again to the forum.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

well that's good I see a lot of people helped you out with this problem.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

but at least you got it all sorted out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bedub is just getting started

You just saved my ***... I accidentally flashed the dumped sprint rom and then relocked it! I knew I wasn't screwed but, I'm glad I found your post quickly! Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

you're welcome
Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

I was having this same problem and for the life of me couldn't get the TriColor Bootloader to stay on the screen more than a few seconds. My problem was caused by some hiccup when trying to relock the phone via the flash card. (I had a signed rom loaded, but the relock flash failed and stuck at the loading screen after the TriColor screen flashed by quickly.)

The trick / key thing that I got out of this thread here was that I needed to remove my MicroSD card. After that I was able to install the latest Sprint HTC Maintenance Release using my PC / USB method. Then I ran the relocker via USB this time and it relocked just fine. I now have the .0's version.

Thanks yet again to this forums and all the folks that contribute to it. Having a summary of this kind of stuff helps a lot. It would be nice to have a note added to one of the stickies that reminds people to remove the microSD card if they are trying to recover their device or if they are trying to perform a USB flash. (While it isn't always required for a USB flash, it couldn't hurt in making sure which rom gets loaded.)
Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm just curious as to why they weren't able to add your phones ESN to their database? Doesn't really make sense to me. I've never flashed to Metro PCS, but i've done a couple TP's, 2 diamonds, a couple Vogues, and a Mogul to cricket all with talk/text, data, and mms. Did you change your MSL/SPL number to 000000? Did you load a Metro PCS PRL file? Those are really the only two steps to get talk/text work on their network. Even changing the MSL/SPL isn't ABSOLUTELY necessary to get talk/text, but you'll never be able to do over the air programming without it. It kinda sounds to me like they fed you a line of BS.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrhutchss is a n00b

My dumb a_ _ flashed a gsm rom on my Sprint TP. This got me back working with no problems. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Kussee is a n00b

Which relocker did you guys use?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro