PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Problem/Questions

I have the HTC Touch Pro, I love the phone, but I'm starting to get pissed off. My text messages are getting delayed by hours, minutes, every half an hour or sometimes I don't even get them. I noticed my friend tried to call multiple times and it didn't even go through on my end. This is really pissing me off and Sprint isn't doing a thing about it. Making me want to switch to some other company.

Anyways my problem is that and I've noticed that my "Data Connection" under the manager thing keeps getting turned off. I think that has to do with getting picture mail, because it seems I only get picture mail when it's turned on. but for some reason it keeps turning it's self off. Is there a way to keep it on?

Edit: Hell it was my 21st Birthday Saturday and everything got messed up because I couldn't get my phone calls and some of my text messages. Nice huh?
Here is one of the delayed text messages.
Me - 10:53 PM
Them - 9:58 PM
Me - 11:09 PM
Them - 10:10 PM
Me - 11:13 PM
Then it started to be just fine. It does this a lot and there excuse is there is to much information being sent at once. Um I don't think hours and hours will do that. Seriously I need help, because it ****s up a lot of things.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-04-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Re: Problem/Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I have the HTC Touch Pro, I love the phone, but I'm starting to get pissed off. My text messages are getting delayed by hours, minutes, every half an hour or sometimes I don't even get them. I noticed my friend tried to call multiple times and it didn't even go through on my end. This is really pissing me off and Sprint isn't doing a thing about it. Making me want to switch to some other company.

Anyways my problem is that and I've noticed that my "Data Connection" under the manager thing keeps getting turned off. I think that has to do with getting picture mail, because it seems I only get picture mail when it's turned on. but for some reason it keeps turning it's self off. Is there a way to keep it on?

Edit: Hell it was my 21st Birthday Saturday and everything got messed up because I couldn't get my phone calls and some of my text messages. Nice huh?
Here is one of the delayed text messages.
Me - 10:53 PM
Them - 9:58 PM
Me - 11:09 PM
Them - 10:10 PM
Me - 11:13 PM
Then it started to be just fine. It does this a lot and there excuse is there is to much information being sent at once. Um I don't think hours and hours will do that. Seriously I need help, because it ****s up a lot of things.
Do you have a custom rom?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
Do you have a custom rom?
No, this started happening every since the first day I got it. I tried to do a flash with a custom rom to hope it would change, but I couldn't even flash one. :/
I only have the Keyboard Light mod and no sent text message mod.
I've actually hard reset my phone multiple times and called the **** out of Sprint to have them fix it, but they can't do ****.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Whats your coverage like? Have you tried a hard reset and re-activating it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
Whats your coverage like? Have you tried a hard reset and re-activating it?
I haven't tried re-activating it and they say my coverage is the best area, but not sure if that's just bull**** to keep me. I've done a hard reset, well doing the "Clear Storage" thing.

I've been getting this lately too
Cannont Connect
Dialed:#777
Canont connect for an unknown reason. To check your connectiong settings and change them if needed, tap Settings. If the problem continues, reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer's documentation and try again.

I've reset my phone so many times, I even had a guy get into my settings over the phone. The Data Connection just turned it's self off AGAIN. I never really had this bad of a problem with my Samsung Blade A900, but it's way outdated and old.

Address:
5902 SE Foster Rd.
Portland, Oregon 97206
Old 05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd just demand a new phone. It sounds like the data connection is failing. I'd bring it to a Sprint repair center and see what they say. You can only get so far over the phone.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
I'd just demand a new phone. It sounds like the data connection is failing. I'd bring it to a Sprint repair center and see what they say. You can only get so far over the phone.
I just got this phone brand new and it didn't come from Sprint. So they said they would give me one of there pieces of **** phone and yet my is BRAND NEW. Yeah I need to take it in, but I'm kind of tight on the time and tired of there bull****.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
I just got this phone brand new and it didn't come from Sprint. So they said they would give me one of there pieces of **** phone and yet my is BRAND NEW. Yeah I need to take it in, but I'm kind of tight on the time and tired of there bull****.
I would definately say flash the newest sprint rom. It will flash without having to Hard SPL. You can find it in the end all kill all link in my sig for touch pro. Try that and see what happens.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Brand new from where though? Dont just flash a rom, take the phone back. If you cant do that, take it to a Sprint REPAIR store. They can either fix or authorize a replacement phone even if you bought it from Best Buy, however i think you need to be outside the sellers return policy timeline.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
I would definately say flash the newest sprint rom. It will flash without having to Hard SPL. You can find it in the end all kill all link in my sig for touch pro. Try that and see what happens.
What's Hard SPL? I tried to flash a rom and I couldn't do it, then I went to do it again and JD deleted his.

Edit:I only want a few things on mine. I don't see the new sprints rom and JD's I was trying to Flash, but he deleted the download.

All I use is:
Text Messaging
Picture Mail
Google Maps
Opera
Calulater
Flipout Keyboard (I hate the touch keyboard and want to disable it)
Contacts
Alarm (work purpose)
Call History
Camera
Camcorder

That's all I actually use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Brand new from where though? Dont just flash a rom, take the phone back. If you cant do that, take it to a Sprint REPAIR store. They can either fix or authorize a replacement phone even if you bought it from Best Buy, however i think you need to be outside the sellers return policy timeline.
E-Bay and I can't flash a rom, to stupid I guess. I actually just got back from Sprint the store and I took it to the repair people. All the guy did was a Hard Reset (not the clear storage part). He said that everything looks fine, the only reason my text messages would be delayed is because of the TV or Weather updating. Even though I never have anything running, I always hit the X and end programs. I don't use the weather or TV ****. So I don't know, I think it's bull****. I was talking about mods and flashing, he does it too, but he had to make sure I didn't. I told him I had two mods, the keyboard light and the no sent text message. He did sugest I remove the Weather and TV, I forgot the word he said.

I also asked him if my phone could be defective and he was like nope. He also asked where I would be getting the roms and ****, I told him about this website and he didn't say anything after that, like it was a good thing.

Edit: What does the 1k and 0k mean in the text messaging? I forgot to ask the guy why my Data Connection kept turning off. After all these years with Sprint, I'm now having problems. Oh I want to disable Recently Opened Programs too

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-04-2009 at 10:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro