PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Automatic lock wm6.5?

How do i set wm6.5 to automatically lock the screen when i turn the screen off [hit the power button]. Ive been looking every where and cannot find how to do it?
or if its possible. or does anyone know how to change the left softkey to lock the screen? Would be even better!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: KJam
Carrier: Vodafone

idpro is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to idpro
Re: Automatic lock wm6.5?

up ....
I'm looking too...
Old 04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I would like to know this too.
If I find this out I'll make sure to post it
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit

yes there is a way to put lock on ur phone... what kind of phone u have so i can tell ya how to do it.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

penuch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
How do i set wm6.5 to automatically lock the screen when i turn the screen off [hit the power button]. Ive been looking every where and cannot find how to do it?
or if its possible. or does anyone know how to change the left softkey to lock the screen? Would be even better!
If you go to setting>lock>prompt if unused> 0 min... So basically whenever you hit the power button to turn the screen of it will lock it. Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zplit View Post
yes there is a way to put lock on ur phone... what kind of phone u have so i can tell ya how to do it.
i have a touch pro im talking about the wm6.5 locker not a 3rd party one

Quote:
Originally Posted by penuch View Post
If you go to setting>lock>prompt if unused> 0 min... So basically whenever you hit the power button to turn the screen of it will lock it. Hope this helps.
doesnt help you need to enter a password if you want that
i just want the slide to unlock that comes with wm6.5 to show up every time it turn the screen off or turn it back on
Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour 9630
Carrier: US Cellular

Sophos is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Sophos Send a message via MSN to Sophos Send a message via Yahoo to Sophos

I've been playing around with this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
It seems to be what you are asking for. In the settings I just checked the "lock on wake up" and it works without a password. The only issue I've found so far is that when you hit the power button to wake the device it flashes to the home screen for a second and THEN locks the device. So essentially you have to hit the power button twice to get to the unlock screen. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

you have to use a program called device lock it uses the windows lock but allows you to not have to a password you can find it here and I think the fufu rom thread for the diamond has a link
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
I've been playing around with this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
It seems to be what you are asking for. In the settings I just checked the "lock on wake up" and it works without a password. The only issue I've found so far is that when you hit the power button to wake the device it flashes to the home screen for a second and THEN locks the device. So essentially you have to hit the power button twice to get to the unlock screen. Hope this helps.
thanks man i will give it a try when i flash back to 6.5
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
I just press start and then the "Lock" softkey shows up. It's one more push than doing it with the power button but it will keep your button from wearing out too.

EDIT: I use a Diamond. Does the TP not have this option?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro