PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matrix is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Refurb stinks like perfume!

After determining my TP to be defective, I tried to file online for a replacement and it wouldn't let me. So I called Sprint, and the lady just said "ok" and scheduled a replacement. She said it would definitely be a refurb unit, and that there weren't any new at the warehouse and I'd receive an email with tracking information. Tracking information never came, so I called today and spent 2 hours being bounced from one clueless rep to the next, finally was told it DEFINITELY didn't ship yet.

So an hour later it shows up at my door. Heh. But great anyway, because I'm going to VA tomorrow and I need a working phone with me.

Then I open the box...if I had a mule by my side, it would have been gagging. It smells like someone dipped the refurb in perfume. I'm very sensitive to perfume, and I'm already starting to get allergy problems from it.

What should I do? Can I take both to a Sprint store, and insist on a new-in-box replacement? I don't want to get sent yet another person's stinky phone. :/

Thanks for any help,
TM
Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Refurb stinks like perfume!

i would call sprint, and have them note your account allowing the in store replacement. that way there's no hassle with the person at the store. they've done it for me with the tp. i got one and the buttons didn't work. power volume nothing.. and i had them note the account first. that way you just walk in and out without an argument.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jnngill is a n00b

If you got the replacement directly from Sprint and not from asurion they should swap it out. Don't call them just go in and explain the problem.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The way they have been lately, I'd doubt they will send you a different one because of the funk you are smelling. You'll never know for sure though until you try.

I order a replacement 800w for my wife last Sunday and I called Thursday because it hadn't shown up and was looking for tracking info. They told me that my ticket was closed and nothing was sent. The rep said it was probably because we have TEP and it was Asurion's responsibility. After being transferred to Asurion, they told me it was Sprint's problem and transferred me back to Sprint. After 2 hrs they got a replacement sent out to me and I got it yesterday...GPS still doesn't work. I will keep playing with it to see if I can get it to work.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

I'm trying to work with Sprint and Asurion right now to fix an issue a Sprint employee caused. Got a letter a month ago stating an employee sold my account information. Turns out, this same employee was using my account to order replacements from Asurion to have them shipped to other places. Now I keep getting the run around from Sprint and Asurion "Someone will call you back in 24-48 hours." Gotta love how easy it is to get scammed.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

thats the weirdest damn thing i ever heard.

i'm guessing some idiot woman (i say idiot because she wears too much perfume) kept the thing in her purse and returned it before 30 days because it was too hard to figure out.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Matrix is just getting started

I figured I'd give calling a try.

I called regular service and as usual no one had any idea what I was talking about. Bounced around to the "telesales dept" until I finally just hung up while on hold and called the business device tech support number. They understood exactly what I was saying, and told me TPs were out of stock at every Sprint repair center (except one in the midwest) and a Sprint store will not honor any warranty beyond 30 days. She said I could get another refurb TP, but it could take a few days.

So I'm not sure what to do. Take it to a store anyway? I don't know. While waiting on hold so long I noticed the refurb's screen is scratched, the volume buttons feel like they're falling off and it creaks very loudly. I viewed the EPST, and it was born on 12/24, and has over 30 hours talk time on it (compared to my TP which only has 10 hours even after 5 months of use).

So I'm stuck with someones used, stinky, scratched, noisy phone?

Last edited by Matrix; 03-31-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

Someone dropped one in a toilet a few months back- maybe you got it. The perfume smell may turn to something worse....
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
After determining my TP to be defective, I tried to file online for a replacement and it wouldn't let me. So I called Sprint, and the lady just said "ok" and scheduled a replacement. She said it would definitely be a refurb unit, and that there weren't any new at the warehouse and I'd receive an email with tracking information. Tracking information never came, so I called today and spent 2 hours being bounced from one clueless rep to the next, finally was told it DEFINITELY didn't ship yet.

So an hour later it shows up at my door. Heh. But great anyway, because I'm going to VA tomorrow and I need a working phone with me.

Then I open the box...if I had a mule by my side, it would have been gagging. It smells like someone dipped the refurb in perfume. I'm very sensitive to perfume, and I'm already starting to get allergy problems from it.

What should I do? Can I take both to a Sprint store, and insist on a new-in-box replacement? I don't want to get sent yet another person's stinky phone. :/

Thanks for any help,
TM
Like many have said, have it noted that and then try to swap it out... or you could wait, cuz from the sound of your story, sound like the idiots at sprint, have another one on its way, as the first one you called in for was never logged but apparently shipped, since you got it an our later, after they redid the order... I would be surprised if you received another in a day or two
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

My last refurb'd Mogul was a piece of junk. From the looseness of the keyboard, I'd guess it was heavily used, it also had the common white spot on the screen. There's no way that it should have p***** muster as acceptable to be given to a customer. I had to "complain" upside down and sideways with the phone reps to finally get it swapped with a TP ( I would have accepted a good Mogul too). The best advice I can give is to be courteous but persistent and keep asking for a supervisor or manager till you get someone who can help. Although some have had success, I found the online ecare to be a waste of time. The best they would do was an additional $50 off a new phone in exchange for a new 2 yr contract (current contract expires in 4 months). I don't know if he was honest, but the manager at the repair center I went to originally said as long as he had 1 refurb of a model available, he could not swap with a new phone even if that refurb was unacceptable to me. Good luck!

Why the heck is p a s s e d blocked ???

Last edited by pastafarian; 03-31-2009 at 02:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro