PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting desperate now

Okay, I really need some help. I have done so many battery tweaks and tried SO many battery solutions, and I just can't make my battery last a full day. I don't have to have it last two or three days; one full day is all I want.

Here's all of the things I've tried:

1. Bought the mugen 3000mah battery. It's just too big. I can barely it in and out of my pockets. Too late to return it. I'm out of $90.

2. Bought Seidio battery for $60 more bucks. It helps, so I keep it, but I still can only make it about 9 hours (my stock battery dies in about 2-3 hours, seriously). Anyway, I keep it.

3. flashed to Telus radio. I get anywhere from one to three bars of signal now. Helps, but doesn't get me through the day; still, I keep it.

4. Tried battery regedit tweaks. Don't seem to do anything.

5. Turned off bluetooth, wifi, beam, AND GPS whenever I don't use it (the only thing I use often is bluetooth; nothing else). Helps, but not much. Just gives me about another 30 minutes of battery life at best.

6. Flashed Juggalo's rom, which is known for good battery life. This makes battery life bearable (about 10 to 14 hours), but I can't use the new XBmod Touchflo 3D 2. Gwes.exe upgrade doesn't work; my phone won't boot afterwards.

7. Flashed Mighty 4.15 rom. Battery life significantly lower than Juggalo's for some reason. I can use the TF3D 2, but not for long; battery life dies after around 6 hours. Anyway, this is the rom I'm currently using

8. Tried deep cycling the battery. Helps some, but not enough to get me through the day. Gives me about an extra hour at best.

9. Backlight settings set to automatic, and I turn off backlight whenever I'm not using the phone.

10. Data connections set to disable after 1 minute. This makes almost no difference at all.

So anyway, as you can see, I've tried a lot of stuff, and the most I can squeeze out of the Seidio battery is 10 to 14 hours. People on this site keep saying that they can get 1-2 days out of their battery, and it's driving me crazy because I can't seem to get anywhere near that much time out of mine. Everytime I ask someone how they did it, they either never respond, or they direct me to a site that I can't find.

I've already spent over 100 bucks trying to make this Touch Pro live longer, but I just can't seem to make it to a full day of battery life!

I was hoping that maybe someone can help me get my battery life to a reasonable level. Maybe:

1. Someone has found a smaller battery back that will fit the mugen battery.

2. Or maybe there's a rom out there whose battery life can match Juggalo's rom and still have a build that's high enough to run TF3D 2.

I'm definantly willing to try another solution other than these two. Anything at all will help!

I know my post is long, and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read it all, but I just wanted to give as much info as I could so that we could come to a conclusion faster. Can anyone... ANYONE... help me out?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Getting desperate now

its a problem your going to face with most touch screen devices since they have to power the touch screen and every thing else thats needed for it to peform. IMHO
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work

didn't see it but have you tried flashing different radios? i have crappy life then tried the telus radio and was a little better than tried the leaked sprint diamond one and i get 7am to 6pm with about 20 percent with pretty heavy usage

[/U]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

anyone trying to tell you they can get through 1-2 days with their touch pro is either not using the phone at all, screen completely off, no email checks, just idling. Im assuming by 1 day they mean 24 hours. If they claim to be using the phone for 24 hours with constant email checks, phone calls, gps, wifi, ect. they are really full of it.

The best thing i can recommend you do is get a spare battery with a cradle charger. This would give you twice the battery life. So assuming you have 14 hour battery life using the battery saver ROM, 28 with a spare battery.

TF3D2 in my opinion is definitely not worth it at this point since it is in early beta and much of it simply doesnt work. I wouldnt be surprised if its the culprit for lower battery life.

I would suggest you go back to the battery saver ROM, try battery saving tweaks and get that spare battery + cradle charger, or car charger if that's possible.

No "smart phone"will last you long. I had a sidekick prior to my WM device, the phone was hardly considered a smart phone, it had EDGE which was extremely slow, yet it died within 24 hours. The touch pro is 1000 times better than the sidekick, and the battery life shows.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmedina View Post
didn't see it but have you tried flashing different radios? i have crappy life then tried the telus radio and was a little better than tried the leaked sprint diamond one and i get 7am to 6pm with about 20 percent with pretty heavy usage
it was the 3rd thing listed that he tried my friend.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

All you have to do is carry and extra battery. Is that to hard? Thats what i do and works perfect. Carry one in my backpack and another extra in the car. you're never going to get past 15 hours of constant use. It seems like your a heavy user...so dont think the battery can magically increase its capacity because of a few reg tweaks. We have to deal with it, until technology advances and we could carry a self charging battery, like those shaking flash lights lol.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
All you have to do is carry and extra battery. Is that to hard? Thats what i do and works perfect. Carry one in my backpack and another extra in the car. you're never going to get past 15 hours of constant use....
That's what I ended up doing. Did that with my Titan as well. The only thing that worked. All the tweaks did help out some but I could kill my batt in a couple of hours....or faster when I was really goin'.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
it was the 3rd thing listed that he tried my friend.
oops another reason not to drink and post at the same time
Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, it's good to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was thinking, "Why is my battery not LASTING?"

But I wonder what Juggalo did to his rom to make it last so long? Maybe I could apply some of those tweaks to this rom with the higher build.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Well, it's good to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was thinking, "Why is my battery not LASTING?"

But I wonder what Juggalo did to his rom to make it last so long? Maybe I could apply some of those tweaks to this rom with the higher build.
I have tried alot of the different rom's and really didn't notice to much of a difference in the time my battery lasted. I use my phone alot for work for checking and sending e-mails from out in the field and my battery usually lasts me around 40 to 48 hours. I don't carry an extra battery but do have a good car charger in my service truck if I need it. I am currently using a rom I cooked in GC's kitchen.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...s+kitchen+roms
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro