PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting desperate now

This is just a band-aid to a seemingly gaping wound, but have you tried changing:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery and set PollInterval to Decimal 20000

In KK's rom, he actually has this set to 25000. It's how often your phone polls the battery. Increasing it, means less polls and less system processes, which leads a little bit better battery life (although your battery percentage won't be quite as accurate on a second by second basis but still close enough).

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

i do the multi battery deal. ive got 5 batteries i keep in my pack at all times. really comes in handy,
Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was thinking about GC's roms. Do you guys know if a clean rom would help the battery life any?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mbell75 is just getting started

Said it in another thread and I will say it again. Some of these batteries are just defective right from the start. One reason I have heard is because of the magnetic backing of the TP. Magnets and batteries are not a good combo and I really wonder why they did this.

The first TP I got was crap. The battery died about 12 hours after a full charge and I wasnt really using the phone that much, just setting up my voicemail and setting message/email preferences etc..Took it back and got a new TP, has worked great. Battery lasts about 36 hours with moderate usage, 24 or so with heavy.

Does no one ever think of just taking the phone back for a new one?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So you're saying that it might be the phone itself that's causing the battery drain?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

just face it...off one battery your looking for the impossible.. you wont get the result what your looking for.. your asking too much.. at this point in time do you want a nice vivid color vga touch screen device or do u want a 50dollar phone thall not do anything but last ya 2 days?

take me for instance, i use the hell out of my phone.. 3 emails that pull every 5 minutes, 10,000 texts a month, constant screen wake ups, and i live in a bad coverage area... i know that the way i use my phone causes my shortened battery life.. i just accept it, and look for the next cool trick for my phone like everyone else

youll notice everyone of the things youve tried others have tried with just a tiny bit of success as well... all of us have the same issues with battery life, just learn to accept the fact that u need an extra charger and spare battery at best LOL

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 03-24-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

it sounds like the phone is bad.

my 2nd tp will last easy a week with no use at all, but only the radio turned on.

my 1st tp will last about a day with minimal use. with heavy txting or a few hours of talking 2+ it'll die and need to be charged at least twice

so its definitely the phone unless you're using it ALL the time.

my settings are turn off back light after 30 seconds, turn off device after 1 min, i use lumos to automatically adjust my backlight level.

i've switched roms recently and did notice better life with silence 3 rom... but i figured it was because the rom runs leaner... so it doesn't have so many instances running thus draning power

anyhow get another phone and keep the batteries. if you wanna sell the after market ones you bought send me a PM and maybe we can work out a decent price

gl

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I get 6 hours at the most on my Sprint Touch Pro. I charge it between stops.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ONe ROM that I tried and gave be incredible battery life was YAY 4 JUGS!! I txt alot, talk with the mother alot,(you know how long those conversations are), and girlfriend snatchin my phone away to play solitare and my phone was at 35% by about midnight. Im thinking of going back to the Y4J because Im currently running MR 4.15 and battey life isn't that great.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:40 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If anyone says there phone last 24-28 hours i dont believe you...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro