PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting desperate now

Quirk, I searched for my city on that list, and I didn't see it, but I got the radio for the closest city to mine (Nashville, NC). I got the Sprint radio, and it works much better than the Telus one for me!

My phone doesn't get as hot, and my battery life has greatly improved! It's definantly bearable now.

My thanks goes to everyone! I really appreciate it!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Well, after looking at all the comments, it seems like the 30-40 hour batteries aren't so common afterall.

As far as phone usage goes, I'm a heavy user, so I guess that's why my battery doesn't last all day (four hour conversations are normal for me lol). Anyway, I'm still satisfied with my battery overall, with it lasting about 6-8 hours on a single charge with moderate to heavy usage. I just wanted to see if there was a way I can improve it.
if your serious about 4 hr calls, thats your problem right there.. phone usuage takes up tons of battery life, especialy 4 hrs.. consider yourself lucky if you even can make a call for that long without it dying
Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mbell75 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why would u take the phone back, in the end youll have the same issue.. it would just be a frivilious claim really.
Did you read my post? First phone died in 10-12 hours with little useage. Second phone lasts 24-36 hours with moderate usage. See the difference? Guess I didnt end up with the same issue and it was not frivilous was it?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe I should call Alltel and see if there's an issue with my phone. If they don't replace it, oh well, but I just gotta know. I don't want a faulty phone to be hindering my Touch Pro experience
Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

hurm ok check it out

TP #2: can last 6 days up to 20%, probably 7 days MAX
- stock sprint rom
- not running manila, only traditional home screen
- inet, picture mail and txt all blocked
- as of now no phone usage
- programs installed:
GhettoBSD Date & Time
PHM Registry editor
GhettoBSD pressure threshold
cody ppc battery and performance hack
diamond ati d3d driver
burt icontact
snailslug touch responce
spb mobil shell and phone suite
pocket clock by projectION
elite force lumos
touch lock pro
ms .net 3.5

on TP #1 this one lasts 1 day, 2 charges.
- silence speed rom 6 installed
- not running manila, but traditional home screen
- full inet, txt, picture mail
- and about the same apps plus hibby's new apps!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Ok in ref. to the above post, that is how both my phones last and don't last.

Now if you're running something comparable, then it's probably a bad phone or battery you got.

I'm not running my exchange or imap because battery life is so bad it'd have to be hooked up to the charger like a junky.

gl
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Okay then, I'll call them after work and class and see what's goin on here...

Thanks for the help BSD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro