PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

It appears there is now another CDMA possibility. Verizon seems to have no problem activating U.S. Cellular phones. At least last I knew anyway. It appears as if U.S. ellular now has the Touch Pro. I figured they wouldn't get these until the T2 was out! Ha! I'm kind of shocked really. I left Them when I got my Touch Pro in November.

Anyway it is a non gimped Touch Pro. Looks like the Sprint version with the chrome. Also it has the red and green call button lights.

http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/Silve...&price=$599.95

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Sprint phones do actually operate on a different frequency, they just happen to run on the same one VZW uses as well.
Dude, that made very little sense even with effort. In context of this thread, that made no sense. Stop drinking and posting
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
Dude, that made very little sense even with effort. In context of this thread, that made no sense. Stop drinking and posting
I think he was stating (in a very poorly explained manner) that Sprint mainly relies on their 1900MHz PCS band while Verizon mainly uses 850MHz. Of course they are both CDMA and supported on each phone, thats where the term "Dual Band" comes from.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
better yet email them, most of the email crew are high up techs.
This is good to know, what is the email address for this stuff??

~John
Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

ditto same question
Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

I'll ask the (extremely helpful!) guy who got my Alltel TP working if I can share his information with others, or if he can notate my account the procedure. After that I'm willing to share my ph# or other information so others may activate.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

I wonder if I take my sprint diamond to alltel, which I have a family member who knows the owner of an private store, and another family member who actually has alltel, so I could probably get my sprint diamond onto alltel for a few hours, then call verizon and tell them I have an diamond on alltel that a family member gave me and I would like to put it on my verizon account and see what they say

going near that location tomorrow, it's just over an hour away, might just give it a try
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
I wonder if I take my sprint diamond to alltel, which I have a family member who knows the owner of an private store, and another family member who actually has alltel, so I could probably get my sprint diamond onto alltel for a few hours, then call verizon and tell them I have an diamond on alltel that a family member gave me and I would like to put it on my verizon account and see what they say

going near that location tomorrow, it's just over an hour away, might just give it a try

That has virtually no chance of succeeding. Until VZW has a way of officially programming and supporting Alltel branded devices they are not merging the databases. Even if you do get your Sprint TP loaded and activated on Alltel it will still not be loaded into VZW's DMD. You would still have to ask them to get it loaded which is what you have to do now so it would be alot of work for very little chance of success. Check ur PMs.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Try it. I doubt it'll work though sounds like more of a hassle than selling it and buying an alltel touch pro. The problem is Alltel is sending Verizon all their MEID's from Alltel phones and they wouldn't be sending your MEID because it's not an alltel but if you signup with alltel and port your account over to verizon whenever they complete this merger but thats even more hassle. Good luck!!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

considering I am going to be on a family members plan if I go with alltel or verizon, it doesn't matter to me, as long as one of them will activate it, so if I have to stick with alltel, that's fine, would rather have verizon cause I already have the plan setup and new phone number, but have only had it for 2 weeks, can always return the phne and just get a new number with alltel

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro