PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I have a sprint diamond, moved to an area that doesn't have sprint, was told by sprint if I excessively roamed I could be charged for the minutes but would not know until my bill came in

I went to a verizon store, which a tower is right here in this town, and they told me that the diamond was coming out with verizon in a few weeks and once it was out I could activate my sprint diamond on it, after putting the verizon rom on it, so canceled my sprint account that I have had for many years and not in a contract with and got a verizon account, 2 year contract and a basic free flip phone until the diamond was introduced

well, called verizon tech support today to get activated, was told not a problem, the number wasn't in the system of course, they went to put it in and it would not go in

the girl checked with higher support, switched me over, he took some info and put me on hold and came back, get this....

any other carrier that offers the diamond other then sprint can be activated on verizon, but due to the phone being sprint, sprint is not a "dual band" phone that they could not activate it

I told him that I know for a fact that a touch pro was activated (fact from hearing it on here) and he went and checked and came back and said if the pro was sprint that it was not activated on verizon

so it sounds like verizon is blackballing sprint phones, since he said that any other carrier they could do it
Old 04-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh I well remember that day for me....it was proceeded with a 2 week struggle with Verizon and ultimately me switching to Sprint. I hope you fair better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I'm hoping there's a work around. My Sprint TP is sitting at the postoffice right now ready for me to activate on Verizon
Old 04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
and he went and checked and came back and said if the pro was sprint that it was not activated on verizon
I had a VZ rep say the same thing where I work recently (he said & I quote "it is impossible to activate a Sprint phone on Verizon, they run on completely different frequences")

I then showed him my Sprint TP running on VZ & he just stalked off & didn't even respond......

~John
Old 04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I had a VZ rep say the same thing where I work recently (he said & I quote "it is impossible to activate a Sprint phone on Verizon, they run on completely different frequences")

I then showed him my Sprint TP running on VZ & he just stalked off & didn't even respond......

~John

what gets me, is that I already flashed with the verizon rom and stuff, and I proved to him I was accessing the verizon network, and not roaming

I wonder what the verizon people have against sprint, he specifically said, if it was any other carrier it wouldn't be a problem but with sprint they could not do it

I think I am going to drive the 30 miles to the next town where there is a verizon store and see what they are willing to do, even if it means swapping the phone

what I hate is that I got rid of my sprint account (which I have to roam 100% of the time time) that was out of contract and have a new diamond that the insurance replaced last month for my regular touch, switched to verizon with a 2 year contract, got a basic flip phone, all based on what I was told by verizon, and now, I'm within my 30 days, I can cancel the verizon and go back to sprint, but with sprint I would probably have to sign a new 2 year contract, and would be stuck roaming 100% of the time that sprint said I could be charged for but would't know until my bill came in, which means my bill could be $100's for roaming but not know
Old 04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

what is your opinion? Is this just happening because VZW is losing sales on their branded TP? Could the Sprint TP's really have a negitive effect on their network? (i doubt that). I have a VZW TP that i bought from VZW when renewing, so obv they already got my sale. Perhaps if they see that i already tried and bought their TP, they would let me add the Sprint TP ESN to their network??? (again... i doubt it)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

None of this makes any sense as VZ does not make their money from sale of hardware, their money cames from the monthly fee you pay (which is higher than any other carrier). If you use a Sprint phone, not only do they still get that monthly fee, they don't have to give you any tech support so you would think they would welcome people wanting to do this.........

As far as roaming on Sprint 100% of the time, Sprint will shut off your service if you do that.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post

I think I am going to drive the 30 miles to the next town where there is a verizon store and see what they are willing to do,
I doubt that will do any good, but be sure to keep us all informed as to what happens.....

~John
Old 04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If you use a Sprint phone, not only do they still get that monthly fee, they don't have to give you any tech support so you would think they would welcome people wanting to do this.........

~John
Thanks, although the joke is if we can do this to our phones, its highly unlikely that we would need to talk to VZW Tech support. lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Thanks, although the joke is if we can do this to our phones, its highly unlikely that we would need to talk to VZW Tech support. lol.
LOL, that's true but even if the problem is at their end you have to talk to TS to solve it.

I have had a Sprint TP working perfectly on VZ since early November. I have had to call TS twice & both times it was something wrong on VZ's end, it had nothing whatever to do with my phone.

The two times I called, the tech's where the coolest guys ever & extremely friendly & helpful. I was totally honest with them & told them right up front that I was using a Sprint TP & that I realized they had no obligation whatever to help me. Both times, the tech said "it doesn't really matter to me what phone you're using, & I will gladly help you out if I can"

Both times, they where surprised that I had been able to get the Sprint phone to work & asked for details just to satisfy their own curiosity. They told me to call anytime, they had no problem whatever helping me if they could.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
LOL, that's true but even if the problem is at their end you have to talk to TS to solve it.

I have had a Sprint TP working perfectly on VZ since early November. I have had to call TS twice & both times it was something wrong on VZ's end, it had nothing whatever to do with my phone.

The two times I called, the tech's where the coolest guys ever & extremely friendly & helpful. I was totally honest with them & told them right up front that I was using a Sprint TP & that I realized they had no obligation whatever to help me. Both times, the tech said "it doesn't really matter to me what phone you're using, & I will gladly help you out if I can"

Both times, they where surprised that I had been able to get the Sprint phone to work & asked for details just to satisfy their own curiosity. They told me to call anytime, they had no problem whatever helping me if they could.

~John
Wow that is awesome. I hope i have a similar experience with TC when i call.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro