PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
jlindquist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Activesync issues

My first post here, but I have been lurking for a couple of months -- great forum. Kudos to all of the contributors.

I love my Touch Pro, but I have begun to experience maddening problems getting the thing to sync with both my office pc and my secretary's pc using Activesync.

For the first several weeks, things worked fine. Then, for reasons unknown, I started getting error messages when syncing my contacts and calendar after my secretary had updated those (on her pc) and synced to my phone. The updates would not be synced to the phone. We thought we resolved the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Activesync, but the same problem has emerged.

I believe the error message had something to do with a firewall, but my office IT consultant (who has already billed me for his unsuccessful attempts to fix this) assures me that there is no firewall enabled on my desktop (that is apparently handled through our server). I thought the problems started shortly after IT guy installed some update or new version of the Symantic security software, but he again tells me this is not the problem.

My secretary and I are both using newish Dell pc's running XP.

Anyone else experience this issue (I did try a search, but did not see anything that I thought was on point)? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, and, again, great work on this forum!

-- Jeff
Old 12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Activesync issues

Moved to general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Re: Activesync issues

Hello have you tried deleting your partnership and resyncing each item one by one? I ask because I had the same issue and once I deleted the partnership and set each item to sync seperately I have not had the issue since. I setup my phone but synced nothing, then once the partnership was saved I changed it to sync with contacts, ran sync, then setup to sync the calendar,save the change, run sync again. I did this until all that I wanted synced up was syncing up without issue. You can also go to review the sync errors and see if a calendar item is causing the issue and if you delete the issue in conflict and after a successful sync, you can always go back and add it later if need be and it should sync fine on both PCs once they are in sync It could be something as simple as you have the item listed one way on your PC and then the secretary has the same item on her PC and it can cause a conflict to occur on the mobile phone.

Also if you are syncing up with 2 PCs you may want to download ODIR for your PCs if you use MS Outlook which removes duplicate items. Syncing with 2 PCs periodically creates duplicate entries for Outlook and it is a known issue by Microsoft as well. ODIR is a free item with no spam attached and works with Outlook 2007 as well. http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp . Hope you get it worked out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Make sure the Advanced Network feature is disabled... Also... Welcome to PPC Geeks... A wealth of knowledge is at your fingertips.. I recommend you join the Coz Boogie Militia.. Go here for more info on it..
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
jlindquist

Thanks so much for the responses (and for redirecting this to the proper forum).

I tried these suggestions with no success.

This is beyond frustrating -- the synching of the pda to the computer is (at least for my usage) the absolute essential core function of the device, and I just CANNOT believe how difficult it has been to deal with this. I have owned several different smart phones before this (including WinMo devices) and have never experienced this problem.

Is this an Activesync (Microsoft) issue or an issue with the TP?

I am not any kind of power user. I just need this device to synch my calendar and contacts with my pcs -- that's all -- and I just cannot get it to do that most simple task.

Any other suggestions?

I have already spent consulting fees and an inordinate amount of my time trying to deal with what should be a simple issue, and have just about reached a point where I am going to have to punt.

Can anybody talk me off the ledge before I ditch this phone, which I otherwise love?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I am having the same issue...I stopped short of trying the new partnership because I didn't want to risk erasing data by accident...if anybody here has other suggestions we'd appreciate them...I am currently backing everything up to my PC using SPB, but would ultimately like to be able to sync with Outlook, as I did with my old Treo 755p...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

I am really sorry to hear about your issue... Does your secetary also have a Touch Pro?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 PM
jlindquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I am really sorry to hear about your issue... Does your secetary also have a Touch Pro?
Thanks for the kind words -- it has been a bad day!

No -- my secretary does not have a Touch Pro, or any other pda/mobile device that she is synching to her office pc. Just my Touch Pro.

Everything seems to work fine between the Touch Pro and one pc (either hers or mine, it doesn't matter which) -- Activesync works fine, and data transfers back and forth between the pc and Touch Pro with no problem. It is when we try to then synch the Touch Pro with the second pc that we start having the problems.

The frustrating thing is that, up until I purchased the Touch Pro in November, we were doing this two pc synch with my WinMo Moto Q, and it worked absolutely flawlessly -- for over two years. The Touch Pro initially seemed to work flawlessly as well, and we just can't seem to pinpoint what caused things to go haywire.

I just spoke (again) to our office IT consultant on this, and he is convinced it is NOT a problem with the Touch Pro, but rather some kind of software problem -- either with Outlook or Activesync, or some combination thereof.

Thanks again for your time and kind responses. If there are any other suggestions -- for solutions or where I might turn next -- I would much appreciate it.

-- Jeff
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Try un-installing Active Sync from both computers, then re-install it, sync with one, then sync with another.. Also... Make sure that the name you use on one computer is the same as the name on the other computer.. I use SeanTP.. Having two different names for each computer could be causing the issue...
Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre too an Hero!

a1aone is just getting started

I also have problems with activesync.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro