PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I am extremely dissapointed with Sprint customer service! (long thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
here's what you do:call *2 and tell them that you want to cancel your service.
If you are talking about calling and threatening them in the hope they will do something for me it probably won't work considering I am a new customer and they probably don't care if I cancel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsanchez View Post
So no bestbuys in your area have any in stock???
nope, haven't since the weekend I bought mine.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
go to worst buy tomorrow(or today) and ask to buy one.they do have them but like to play stupid games.when they bring it out,there's your replacement!
lol then they will make another story that they have separate inventory for replacement and this is for sale only and that its back ordered? - this is what sprint store told me not best buy but you never know.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
lol then they will make another story that they have separate inventory for replacement and this is for sale only and that its back ordered? - this is what sprint store told me not best buy but you never know.
i'm working on my 3rd pro and the sprint store tried that crap with me but as they were filling out the ticket,3 brand new ones arrived via the ups truck!as far as the op,trust me on this:go the *2 route.as i type,i'm looking for my personal sprint care agents' email to give to you(don't abuse it)as i got my pro for $79.99.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

mobo is just getting started

I just called sprint to exchange a defective Touch (vouge) for my wife. They asked what phone I wanted and I suggested the Touch Pro, they said one moment, and I was then offered a TP but told I would ahve to wait 2 - 3 weeks. As I did not wish to wait I asked for the Diamond and it will be here in 3 - 5 days.

No raising of voices, no pleads, no problems. I have been very impressed with Sprint, I have a TP, a Q9c, and now a Diamond coming on my account. 3 lines.

They have turned around, do not blame Sprint when Best Buy gets involved.

Mobo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
i'm working on my 3rd pro and the sprint store tried that crap with me but as they were filling out the ticket,3 brand new ones arrived via the ups truck!as far as the op,trust me on this:go the *2 route.as i type,i'm looking for my personal sprint care agents' email to give to you(don't abuse it)as i got my pro for $79.99.
I don't want to threaten to cancel and have them actually cancel my account because them my only other option would be verizon. The way I see it (correct me if I'm wrong) I am a new customer with a $150 spending limit and they probably don't care if I cancel.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo View Post

Mobo
I guess I should partially blame Best Buy for this too as this wouldn't be a problem if they actually kept some Pros in stock. Even HTC should get some of the blame for shipping defective phones. I still think Sprint is at least partially responsible for my situation but that is not what I meant for this thread to be about. I just want an answer to how I can exchange my Pro.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I don't want to threaten to cancel and have them actually cancel my account because them my only other option would be verizon. The way I see it (correct me if I'm wrong) I am a new customer with a $150 spending limit and they probably don't care if I cancel.
don' sell yourself short.i am giving you good advice so try it.all they can do is say no.and when you follow my advice and you get your new phone,just come back and click that thanks button.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo View Post
I just called sprint to exchange a defective Touch (vouge) for my wife. They asked what phone I wanted and I suggested the Touch Pro, they said one moment, and I was then offered a TP but told I would ahve to wait 2 - 3 weeks. As I did not wish to wait I asked for the Diamond and it will be here in 3 - 5 days.

No raising of voices, no pleads, no problems. I have been very impressed with Sprint, I have a TP, a Q9c, and now a Diamond coming on my account. 3 lines.

Mobo
i thanked you because you echo my sentiments.sprint will bend over backwards for its' customers because in this bad economy,all money is good money!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I apologize that you are not having a pleasant experience. Here is what you can do.

If you have TEP, you only have to pay $50 deductible if you are filing a claim through Asurion for LOST, STOLEN, MOISTURE DAMAGE, OR PHYSICAL DAMAGE instances. That can be done by calling Asurion at 1800584366 or by filing a claim on-line at www.phoneclaim.com.

If it is not one of those problems, (which I don't beleive it is from reading your post) you can take it to any authorized Sprint Service and Repair Center and have it repaired or if they can not repair it at that time (because they don't have correct parts, tools, etc.) they may exchange it for you at that moment or order a replacement if it is in stock. The latter being the bigger problem where everyone is low or out of inventory.

Third option, if you live too far from a Sprint Authorized Service and Repair Center you can do self-service exchange. Go to www.sprint.com/storelocator type in "000000" and check the Repairs button. A message will pop up stating that, "There are no repair centers within 50 miles of your location. Please use our Self Service Phone Replacement option". Click on that link to order the replacement yourself. Keep in mind that you will be responsible to send back the broken handset yourself and if it is not recieved, you may be charged for that handset. Hope this helps!

***EDIT***
Here is the direct link to the self service option.
https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&withinRange=N

Last edited by MrHawaii; 11-22-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: More info.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I guess I should partially blame Best Buy for this too as this wouldn't be a problem if they actually kept some Pros in stock. Even HTC should get some of the blame for shipping defective phones. I still think Sprint is at least partially responsible for my situation but that is not what I meant for this thread to be about. I just want an answer to how I can exchange my Pro.
i believe that worst buy gets all the blame.yes,it's a sprint phone but who sold it to you?i would only involve sprint after i emailed worst buys' corporate office and nothing gets done.but i said it before and i'll say it again:RETURN YOUR PHONE TO PLACE OF PURCHASE.refuse to leave until something is done.call *2 and say that you want to cancel.if you don't want to do those 2 things,i don't know what else to say(or type!).the title of this thread is poor sprint customer service so now you're going to get alot of people doing what i did.sure worst buy got the pro first,but search my name and you will see that i warned people not to go there(worst buy).i got 3 different pros(this 1 is working somewhat),but my 1st came from telesales with next day delivery on 10/31 and when i went to the sprint store to exchange my 2nd,the guy just took the phone and batt cover.now i have 2 batts,headsets and the whole nine.sprint rocks!

Last edited by Dr.8820; 11-22-2008 at 09:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro