PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rihavens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion trouble.

Okay, so it all started when I get my 3 day old pro water damaged. I called asurion and told them I needed to file a claim, and was told it would take up to 2 weeks to get a phone. I filed the claim, and for S&G I went to the Best Buy and tried to return it. Well after they said they would I was later told they wouldn't (some of you may remember me posting about this.)

Regardless of me going through Best Buy is moral or not, lets say it didnt work (after I canceled the claim.) So I called Asurion back and told them to start a new claim, and somehow ended up with the Office of the CEO. Well they told me my first claim was not canceled and they would get me the phone faster. Wednsday last week I got a Diamond in the mail and I called them hopping mad (I had told them that the Diamond and the Pro have completely different sets of features from the start and I would not be taking it) and was told they where processing a reorder.

This past monday UPS comes and low and behold there is a cell phone for me... a diamond. Now I was told this claim for the diamond I got on Monday was processed 3 days after when I called in after getting rejected from BB. So it would seem that I have two claims going, as I now have 3 phones (broken Pro, and 2 Diamonds) and I have two reorders. I call asurion and they insisted they needed to process a reorder on the 18th. Today I called to tell them they where beyond the 7-10 days they told me it would take and I want to know what they are doing about it. The lady at the office of the CEO told me they had only processed the reorder on the 18th and it will be another 2 weeks. And here is the interesting part... the lady told me there was only ONE order and they had only shipped ONE phone and basically told me I was lying.

So I am left to wonder A.) How long before they send me a pro, and B.) How hard should I fight them to convince them I have 2 phones here?
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor
Re: Asurion trouble.

I'd put the extra one they aren't recognizing on ebay after you get the TP you're supposed to get.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Why get "hopping mad?"
Why would you steal (keep) the second phone?

You are the one who damaged the phone.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihavens View Post
Okay, so it all started when I get my 3 day old pro water damaged. I called asurion and told them I needed to file a claim, and was told it would take up to 2 weeks to get a phone. I filed the claim, and for S&G I went to the Best Buy and tried to return it. Well after they said they would I was later told they wouldn't (some of you may remember me posting about this.)

Regardless of me going through Best Buy is moral or not, lets say it didnt work (after I canceled the claim.) So I called Asurion back and told them to start a new claim, and somehow ended up with the Office of the CEO. Well they told me my first claim was not canceled and they would get me the phone faster. Wednsday last week I got a Diamond in the mail and I called them hopping mad (I had told them that the Diamond and the Pro have completely different sets of features from the start and I would not be taking it) and was told they where processing a reorder.

This past monday UPS comes and low and behold there is a cell phone for me... a diamond. Now I was told this claim for the diamond I got on Monday was processed 3 days after when I called in after getting rejected from BB. So it would seem that I have two claims going, as I now have 3 phones (broken Pro, and 2 Diamonds) and I have two reorders. I call asurion and they insisted they needed to process a reorder on the 18th. Today I called to tell them they where beyond the 7-10 days they told me it would take and I want to know what they are doing about it. The lady at the office of the CEO told me they had only processed the reorder on the 18th and it will be another 2 weeks. And here is the interesting part... the lady told me there was only ONE order and they had only shipped ONE phone and basically told me I was lying.

So I am left to wonder A.) How long before they send me a pro, and B.) How hard should I fight them to convince them I have 2 phones here?
Sounds like a mess. Good luck getting that strait with them. Not sure what to tell you on the 2 phone deal. I'd just be honest with them and hold on to the phone and don't sell it or anything. Could take a while for them to get things strait, and you won't want to pay for an extra phone. But hey, it does seem crazy to fight with someone to take back such an expensive phone??

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

I am not "Stealing" anything. I have called them 3 times and they all call me liars! Seriously. Why would I try to lie about having an extra phone. Not to mention I have a feeling I will see at least another Diamond before seeing a Pro anyway. Seriously at this point I am about to sell BOTH Diamonds on Ebay and buy a Pro again.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Why get "hopping mad?"
Why would you steal (keep) the second phone?

You are the one who damaged the phone.

depends on your view on all this. If those boneheads send me a phone and i called to tell them they had sent me an extra one as a mistake and they basically called me a liar about it. f- them. merry christmas to me with a clear conscience.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

If your conscience is clear on this, then you have a corrupted moral system.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Here we go again with the morality police.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

Look. I am not trying to start a fight here, but to point out how bad Asurion is as a company. The kicker here is I called Sprint and told them I wanted to return it or I wouls start shopping for another provider, and they told me if I had NOT called Asurion they could have exchanged it for me already. So I am basically paying $7 a month * 2 1/2 years + $50 deductiable to get the wrong phone shipped to me and to be called a liar when I try to do the right thing. I can put up with a lot, but insulting me is the last straw. I will probably just sit on the extra phone and cough it up when they figure out the mistake. I am done trying to tell them they are wrong. If anyone here works for Asurion I have to ask, how does it feel to sit on your high horse and then realize you are wrong?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
Here we go again with the morality police.
LoL!! Good one. Really, if they called 'em and tried to explain and they refuse to believe it, then what are they supposed to do? Keep calling 'em, trying to convince them he's telling the truth?

C'mon, people

If it makes you sleep better at night, then I guess do what you feel. Me personally, I'm not gonna keep wasting my time for such non sense. If they wanna eventually charge me for the phone they sent me in error, I'd pay for it.

If they can't get it right, then the company will eat that mistake.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro