PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone plz create an 8ball g-sensor app..and make some $$$

I've seen someone else had started this Magic 8-ball app and then left it flat on it's face for months while everyone begged for a remake. Please pick this up and and make it graphically appealing.
I would like to donate for this app when complete.
Others would too...
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen
Re: Someone plz create an 8ball g-sensor app..and make some $$$

lol, that'd be pretty funny.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor

Will I make $$$ if I do this?

"Signs point to no."

(I'm not a programmer, I'm just joking)
Old 11-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Why? Seriously, why? The real ones are ridiculous superstition enough as it is, but pretending somehow that the manufacturer puts genuine (?) supernatural properties into their Magic 8-Balls to make them work, then a computerized random number generator simulation would lack this "authenticity" and give you less accurate results. That all assumes you believe they work. If you don't believe they work, then you realize they'd both give you roughly the same results (ignoring the fact that computers can't produce genuinely random numbers), neither of which would be of any use.

Instead, how about you just bookmark www.icantdeci.de and get a statistical answer to your question derived from genuine human opinion? Seems much more valuable.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here's the thread on it. It would be cool if some one picked up on it.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413155
Old 11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
I've seen someone else had started this Magic 8-ball app and then left it flat on it's face for months while everyone begged for a remake. Please pick this up and and make it graphically appealing.
I would like to donate for this app when complete.
Others would too...
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
http://www.concretesoftware.com/wind...le/index.shtml
they have a bowling game that can use the gsensor i believe and on their windows mobile games page it says they have magic 8ball app coming soon, so maybe that will have motion sensing as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Why? Seriously, why? The real ones are ridiculous superstition enough as it is, but pretending somehow that the manufacturer puts genuine (?) supernatural properties into their Magic 8-Balls to make them work, then a computerized random number generator simulation would lack this "authenticity" and give you less accurate results. That all assumes you believe they work. If you don't believe they work, then you realize they'd both give you roughly the same results (ignoring the fact that computers can't produce genuinely random numbers), neither of which would be of any use.

Instead, how about you just bookmark www.icantdeci.de and get a statistical answer to your question derived from genuine human opinion? Seems much more valuable.
You ask "Seriously, why?" and that is where I believe you have missed the point. It is not "Serious".

A person I work with has a Magic 8-Ball on his desk. It is meant as a joke because customers often ask him questions he could not possibly have an answer for(he doesn't actually use it with the customer). We all know it is just a toy and as adults I don't imagine any of us would use one to make real life decisions. However, it would be fun at times, when a friend asks a stupid question, to whip out my phone, give it a shake, and give him/her a stupid answer. It's just for fun. Kind of like the Beer program. It's just a pointless piece of code to entertain ourselves for a few seconds.

And nobody will be required to put it on their phone if they feel it is ridiculous.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Just seems like a software version would be even less convenient.

But in reality I've known many people who use them to make genuine decisions. They DO take the seriously. I just don't see the point. The same time could be used to actually make the decision instead of distracting yourself getting randomly-generated answers.

But this was also partially in response to the point about making money off of it. I can see your point about silly things like the beer program... if they're free. Why would anyone really spend money on something this pointless, though?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Just seems like a software version would be even less convenient.

But in reality I've known many people who use them to make genuine decisions. They DO take the seriously. I just don't see the point. The same time could be used to actually make the decision instead of distracting yourself getting randomly-generated answers.

But this was also partially in response to the point about making money off of it. I can see your point about silly things like the beer program... if they're free. Why would anyone really spend money on something this pointless, though?
If you know people that actually use such a program or toy to make real decisions, they should be on a ball and chain to keep them from leaving their homes... Even as a child, when i got my first 8ball, i didn't take it seriously - it's just for amusement. And as far as paying for it, why does anybody pay for any game... people find pointless apps entertaining for different reasons. What's useless to you may have more value to others, thus they're willing to pay to see that it is developed. Maybe he'd get far more in return via laughs at his office in comparison to how much he'd have to pay...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

lol... yeah I don't think it wrong for anyone to desire money or donations for their work. Nor should anyone think it wrong if someone wants to make an offer in advance to give incentive.
It's such an easy app that I figured I'd ask someone else to do it before attempting to make it myself. Either way, it's just for fun.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro