View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Someone plz create an 8ball g-sensor app..and make some $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Just seems like a software version would be even less convenient.

But in reality I've known many people who use them to make genuine decisions. They DO take the seriously. I just don't see the point. The same time could be used to actually make the decision instead of distracting yourself getting randomly-generated answers.

But this was also partially in response to the point about making money off of it. I can see your point about silly things like the beer program... if they're free. Why would anyone really spend money on something this pointless, though?
If you know people that actually use such a program or toy to make real decisions, they should be on a ball and chain to keep them from leaving their homes... Even as a child, when i got my first 8ball, i didn't take it seriously - it's just for amusement. And as far as paying for it, why does anybody pay for any game... people find pointless apps entertaining for different reasons. What's useless to you may have more value to others, thus they're willing to pay to see that it is developed. Maybe he'd get far more in return via laughs at his office in comparison to how much he'd have to pay...