mtkates
PPCGeeks Regular

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Someone plz create an 8ball g-sensor app..and make some $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Why? Seriously, why? The real ones are ridiculous superstition enough as it is, but pretending somehow that the manufacturer puts genuine (?) supernatural properties into their Magic 8-Balls to make them work, then a computerized random number generator simulation would lack this "authenticity" and give you less accurate results. That all assumes you believe they work. If you don't believe they work, then you realize they'd both give you roughly the same results (ignoring the fact that computers can't produce genuinely random numbers), neither of which would be of any use.

Instead, how about you just bookmark www.icantdeci.de and get a statistical answer to your question derived from genuine human opinion? Seems much more valuable.
You ask "Seriously, why?" and that is where I believe you have missed the point. It is not "Serious".

A person I work with has a Magic 8-Ball on his desk. It is meant as a joke because customers often ask him questions he could not possibly have an answer for(he doesn't actually use it with the customer). We all know it is just a toy and as adults I don't imagine any of us would use one to make real life decisions. However, it would be fun at times, when a friend asks a stupid question, to whip out my phone, give it a shake, and give him/her a stupid answer. It's just for fun. Kind of like the Beer program. It's just a pointless piece of code to entertain ourselves for a few seconds.

And nobody will be required to put it on their phone if they feel it is ridiculous.
This post has been thanked 4 times.