PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: repair damaged pro (scratches)

You drop the phone, it's your own fault....lol, I have dropped everyphone I have owned and each one has suffered scuff marks. If you drop it and scratch the phone, goto AUTO-ZONE, get some chrome striping.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I'm sorry, I still think that "Sprint Email" is fake. There is no way they would do a silent recall on devices for suffering cosmetic damage when being dropped from "ear level." It's kind of obvious you're not to do that.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I'm sorry, I still think that "Sprint Email" is fake. There is no way they would do a silent recall on devices for suffering cosmetic damage when being dropped from "ear level." It's kind of obvious you're not to do that.
I agree....it's like buying a new car/truck.....take it down the road and a rock truck ahead drops a rock and hits your hood and scratches it. Do you think the dealer is gonna give you a new truck? Or let alone fix it free? I think not. If you have TEP, then you would pay the 50 bucks and get a new one, that would be the only recourse. But Like I said, you drop it, it's your fault...period...not sprint's, not HTC's, but yours....I'm all for getting a great deal, and maybe even lying a lil bit to get even a better deal, but dropping it and saying BLAH BLAH BLAH, I want a new one, BLAH BLAH BLAH is flat out stealing.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hell, since when will Sprint swap a device under TEP for cosmetic issues only (without deductible)?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started

If you were to drop any phone from 5 feet it would crack, break etc. secondly, the average person's ear is not 5 feet from the ground. it's more like 5'4"-5'8" (women-men)

also if the chrome has some light scratches, try some brasso. I used it on my ipod and an razr2 to polish it up. looks good as new
Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO

cssmostdumbest is a n00b

got bored today had the day so i took shot, and went to the sprint store, asked them about a recall and the hostess or whatever called the tech and asked, and they havent heard of this "recall" about chipping in the chrome bezel and there werent any TPs to exchange anyways sold out in all of san antonio. should help squash the rumors
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

slammedtahoeon22 is a n00b

i stopped by a sprint repair center today, to check for a holster for my touch pro, and with out me even asking, the repair floor manager informed me of the cosmetic recall, she stated that she recieved a memo to exchange any touch pro with any chrome damage from being dropped. it even said damage from being dropped from ear level.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Gatornator

I called CSR, retentions, and a sprint repair center. They have never heard of a cosmetic recall....they did however stated that if you have damage...any damage....that TEP (with 50 buck deductible) would replace the phone.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker

bruxxus is a n00b

I work in a service and repair store for Sprint, I got this email. It's true the first 49,000 devices have this issue. At first I was shocked we were going to do this for cosmetic issues.... but I know why now... I dropped mine from like 2 feet and the chrome across the whole top of mine if cracked off and I have huge dents. seriously like 2 FEET! I'm going to call HTC first because I don't think my manager will let me do it because of inventory. ITS TRUE!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

The company I work for makes rugged notebooks and we do drop tests from 3+ feet onto plywood over concrete. I'm impressed, Sprint seems to be very generous here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro