PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

maury1234 is keeping up the good workmaury1234 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Real206 View Post
can anyone help me?

Cannot open script file\Storage Card\default.txt

pic attached

many thanks will be given.....well the one I'm allowed

i got once that error and was only because i didn't have the startup.txt in the root of my sd card...put the startup.txt there or/and copy it and rename it to default.txt.....also check that your text file has only a single extension . ex: startup.txt.txt

Last edited by maury1234; 02-13-2010 at 11:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Ok, looks like the files are there/correct place. Are you trying to run haret from WinMo directly or are you using something like call&droid or the program from the wave to launch a call & haret together? If not, try that. If it still doesn't work, can you give us a screenshot of the error you get after you launch haret/call&droid/etc?

Edit: looking at the dates in the pic again, your startup.txt looks like it is older than mine? Try reformatting your SD card and putting a fresh download of the package in the first post on there if the above step with call&droid doesn't help.

Last edited by chrialex; 02-13-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ok, dowloaded some apps to test on the system and well, as I knew, the android system will not allow you to install outside of the rom storage space, that is, no sd card installing is allowed...

My question is: will it destroy the file system is I were to expand the image file? Is there something in particular about it that the system will not allow anything more than the standard size?

If we can expand it, any special instructions that I need to take into consideration?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo

B-Real206 is a n00b

Okay give me a sec....trying now.....

I'm not worried about making calls with phone I use my TP2. I just want to play around with android and use wifi

So I tried again I did it the way it was before and then I change the startup.txt to default.txt and still the same thing pics incoming....

as a side note everything I have came out of the zip on the first page last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0003.jpg (785.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0004.jpg (744.9 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by B-Real206; 02-14-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

cant get pic mail in android... any work around for this, also when someone calls i only get 1 ring then it just vibrates. other than thank working amazing.. thanks everyone who has participated in this some how
Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
I thought the E was for Edge (2G)? I have seen it a couple times on the latest build as well. Once was when I was out in the middle of nowhere and the other time was when I was in a room with a bunch of servers. Seems to have a hard time keeping a 3G connection when I am near all that wiring...CDMA data works for most people once they put in Android/Internet for the name/apn fields, but if your carrier requires a username/password, chances are you will not be able to use that connection. There seems to be a problem with the RIL currently. Until that gets fixed, be glad WiFi works

If you open a terminal and type "su" (hit enter) then type "ifconfig" (both without quotes. This is to see if you are getting an ip from your carrier by checking your network ip settings. In the results the ppp0 entry is for CDMA (if you see tiwlan0 that is wireless, turn off wireless and wait for the 3G or E icon and try again). It will have a part with Rx & Tx. Rx seems to have 3 packets and 54 bytes if you can't connect to anything (strange because if you can't connect, how are you receiving ANY data???). If it is more than that, you 'should' have a connection. And we can go from there.
I opened pterminal (is that the terminal you were implying?) and I typed su without quotes and it had to force close. Every time I try it freezes.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo

B-Real206 is a n00b

Okay little update erased everything of card and then put everything back on...sigh
Now I can get it go through it's string but stops at the end pic incoming

Failed to mount the SD card. Cannot continue.
.bin/sh: can't accesstty; job control turned off......wait it did something maybe I'll just wait a while and let it sit there
Old 02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Real206 View Post
Okay give me a sec....trying now.....

I'm not worried about making calls with phone I use my TP2. I just want to play around with android and use wifi

So I tried again I did it the way it was before and then I change the startup.txt to default.txt and still the same thing pics incoming....

as a side note everything I have came out of the zip on the first page last night.
I'm not sure what is going on then. Only thing I can think of is to try to reformat the card, redownload the package, and try call&droid or the other file. Even if you are not worried about making calls, your mic will not work unless you have it 'on' when Android launches, so Voice Search or whatever it is won't work either. And you never know, doing that might get it to work. It is still buggy, sometimes it will work fine, then 5 minutes later something won't. Good luck and let us know.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700==>>6800==>>Touc==>>Now I'm a PRO

boxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuff

I have been running android on my sprint touch pro and sister's diamond. I have every thing thats suppose to be working, working....(it has been my main os for about 2 weeks.)

My question is it even possible to change the button assignment. I want to switch the center button and power button. So that if I press the center button. it would take me to the home screen.

Thanks again...

Originally Posted by phhusson View Post
Wow, first keymap proposition that doesn't seem stupid
Pushed in 61cdff96fd4311ea83754910302e87181edbb96d
Add board-htcraphael-navi.alt_keymap=1 in cmdline in startup.txt (and don't forget to use a recent enough kernel (glemsom hasn't built it at the time of writing.))
I didn't change the power button function though.

I tried this, but it didn't work.I did something wrong.Has anybody tried this? Can they post their startup.tx and what kernel did you use?

Thanks

Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx View Post
I opened pterminal (is that the terminal you were implying?) and I typed su without quotes and it had to force close. Every time I try it freezes.
That is the one that comes with it, Makkonen actually directed me to one on the Market called Terminal Emulator which is what I have been using. It works pretty good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux