PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
You only need it if paid apps aren't showing up in your market -- they never do for me without it. Do they for you?
no they never do. I tried to buy cuz the BeamReader app has a buy link on the page that tells me the trial has expired. It launches market and then the whole thing force closes. I'll try this tonight thanks a ton.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi Settings -> Add WiFi Network. Enter the name (SSID) of the wireless point you are trying to access, the encryption type it uses (if any) and the password (if encrypted). In the WiFi Settings page, there might be some listed in the WiFi Networks section, between Network Notification and Add WiFi Network. If you see your access point listed, click on it and go from there. Like Makkonen said though, you might have to change some of the settings on your access point to allow connections, or whatnot. Let us know if any of this helps.
What do you mean if I see my Access Point Listed? I added the same network as it found, so there's two of the same networks.

I clicked the Network that it's already connected to and here are the details:
Speen: 54 Mbs
Signal Strength: Fair
Security: Open
IP Address: 192.168.1.111

It seems to be connected..it just won't load any web pages or market.

Last edited by xxmillertimexx; 02-16-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjkraft View Post
I installed this on my HTC Touch Pro yesterday and it boots and the web browsing works like a champ. I can make and receive calls with not problems. Texts also. The only thing I have not been able to get to work that others seem to have working is my google account. Trying to sync my contacts from google and getting logged in to the market to download applications. I have connectivity for web browsing but when I try to sync contacts or go to the market and I enter my username and password for google it always says the following.
"Cant esablish a reliable data connection to the server.
This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services."
I have tried it connectedt o Wifi as well as to the sprint network and it does the same thing everytime. Any ideas?
i had this problem. but my problem went a little further. my google account had no contacts because i never really send anything out on it. so i exported my contacts from my outlook on my pc and saved the file on my desktop. then i moved that file onto my storage card. then i still couldn't get it to sync onto my phone. so i unchecked the auto sync option and rechecked it. everything synced up. every contact i have when i am running windows mobile is there when i run android.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just posted up a new kernel on page one (and cleaned up a bit). Thanks to MrPippy, we now have working mic without doing the call-before-you-launch-haret dance. Praise be to the kernel hackers.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Love is much deserved and shown!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks man, downloading the new kernel. One thing though, the file is still named 0209... is that right or is the new one still uploading?

THANKS FOR ALL!!!

EDIT: OMG!!! I saw the files in the first page attached. Sorry, a little blind on this end... jejeje

Last edited by mapaz04; 02-17-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Dumb@$$
Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

New one might've still been uploading. For some reason it didn't go when I first uploaded it, so I had to redo it. It's an attachment to the post, not a mediafire link.

RAPH800-kernel-modules-2010-02-16-1266380744.zip
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

shakacamp400 is a n00b

my internet wont work for cricket
Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

shakacamp400 is a n00b

and also how do i change the wallpaers and put pics for the contact it only has stock wallpapers an says the action cannot be completed at this time
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakacamp400 View Post
my internet wont work for cricket
Try the settings listed here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99588
I don't know if they'll work, but it's got a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakacamp400 View Post
and also how do i change the wallpaers and put pics for the contact it only has stock wallpapers an says the action cannot be completed at this time
Hmm. Not sure. there's an intermittent bug with ringtones not showing up... that might've happened with your wallpapers as well?

If you're on the home screen and hit the Menu button (i.e. the one with the house) the wallpaper settings button should come up. If that can't do it, then you've got a problem -- might be solved by deleting your data.img, wiping your sd card, and starting fresh.

Or, if you get data working, or can get wifi up and running, you can connect to the market and get the 'backgrounds' app -- it's free and has plenty of wallpapers (and can also set pictures for contacts, I believe).
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux