PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I don't know that anyone's working on it at this point. I don't know what's required. I think the bluetooth rfkill had something to do with enabling usb, but I'm not sure in what regard.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hussmanne is a n00b

Newer build downloaded, but same type of issue. Can type first couple of letter with the hardware keyboard upon boot, but then it seems to not take any more input. All other external buttons on the phone work fine. Strange issue, anyone else encountering?

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussmanne View Post
Newer build downloaded, but same type of issue. Can type first couple of letter with the hardware keyboard upon boot, but then it seems to not take any more input. All other external buttons on the phone work fine. Strange issue, anyone else encountering?

Thank you in advance.
i experience the same thing. i thought it was just the phone's KB crapping out, but it works 95% of the time in winmo, but android really hates it. there are days when it will work fine in android for a couple of hours, and there are times when i get just a few keystrokes out of it before it becomes unresponsive. that is why i cannot continue to use android. i like it, but i text too much and need the physical KB. that and it resets itself for some reason now after a period of time.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've never experienced that. If someone who's having that problem wants to do a little test, I think this could provide a little insight into where the problem is.

Rename your system.sqsh to system.sqsh.backup. Try to boot android. It will get to the rootfs init script, fail to find the system image, and drop you to a command line.

Type some things. Type a bunch of things. Wait a few minutes and type some more things. If you can reproduce the bug at this level, then it's a kernel problem. If you can't, then it's an android problem.

I don't know where I'd put my money at this point. Kernel's probably easier to debug, so let's go with that.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheTenthLetter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheTenthLetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
(Then again, I hate the auto-rotation in Opera in WinMo, too, so I might just be weird. I'll be trying to read in bed, with my head to the side, and it'll flip the text so I can't read it. Ugh.)
phew... thought I was the only one with this problem
Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

hsingh00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Just had a thought -- maybe something that it's trying to do over USB for the tethering is causing the drain. I haven't noticed any undue performance drop from having USB/ADB active. Otherwise, check top, check logcat, see if anything jumps out.
Under Settings-->Application Settings-->Development-->USB debugging (Debug mode when USB is connect)

Maybe this is related? This option was selected for me. I'm having the same slow charging problem. I'll test it out later today.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

I don't think that'll make much difference. The drain is almost certainly not coming from running the adb daemon (which is what that setting does, I believe -- if it does anything in this system), but from some drain in the usb hardware being active.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

HwyXingFrog is a n00b

Just for curiosity, does anyone know if there's much focus going into getting GPS working? I know there's lots going on, I'm just wondering if I should keep holding my breath.

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Work is being done on that, but in fits and starts... and there haven't been any breakthroughs, so... holding your breath is probably a bad idea.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

HwyXingFrog is a n00b

Ok, good to know, I'll stop holding. Way too excited to try out google navigation in android once it gets working. Thanks for the info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux