PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:38 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

ok, so finally we get to the point of the tp's problem. the camera. that's about it. it's the only problem i've ever really had.

all the sms and dropped calls gotta be location. I suppose some could be from a bum phone, but I'm conviced it's from improper flashing procedures, or something hosed in the carrier system.

I'm not sure I really want the beast of the tp2.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
ok, so finally we get to the point of the tp's problem. the camera. that's about it. it's the only problem i've ever really had.

all the sms and dropped calls gotta be location. I suppose some could be from a bum phone, but I'm conviced it's from improper flashing procedures, or something hosed in the carrier system.

I'm not sure I really want the beast of the tp2.
No, I'm sorry thats not about it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutly LOVE the Touch Pro, but it has had problems ever since I got it brand spanking new. The camera is a major problem for me but so is the battery life. Why should I have to spend $50+ for a larger battery when I paid over $300 for the phone? Without the larger battery no matter what rom you're running custom or orginal, you can NEVER get the phone to last a full day without having to charge it once. I think everybody here will also agree with me when I say the battery life on the Touch Pro is terrible. Especially on stock rom! I am just hoping that I didn't make a mistake by going to the Palm Pre, but im pretty sure I will be impressed like I see a lot of other people were when they tried out the phone. I have seen people from other carriers other then sprint that could have a $100 phone with a longer battery life and better camera then my $300+ phone. Before I knew anything about flashing my phone I used stock rom for about 3-4 months it got very laggy for me after awhile hence the reason I researched and found this website to switch to custom rom's. Custom rom's can help with the lag and battery life but only for about a week, no matter how good the rom is. It's never going to make the phone what it should be. I give mad props to the chefs for trying to make our phones better! I wish the palm pre was able to be customized like the Touch Pro that is one of my biggest concerns so far.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i was told again that the TP2 is not available... even to be placed on back order. Did we miss the window?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, I'm responsible for 3 tp's. 2 are still running the shipped rom and 1 the updated..
granted I tweaked stuff, but all3 have been working fine for the better part of a year. my battery regularly lasts all day even 2. it just depends on how much I use it (phone or data), but I just set my data time out to a min and don't let google use latitude.

I do however blame m$ &or other parties involved with the lack of clear controls on some of those area's. each program comes with it's own idea of power/data management.
obviously palm and apple made those a priority and sacrificed the option to have a bunch of things always going.

(I also have my old mogul always running navizon in the car, with all the radios running, but it stayes powered by the car battery.)
Old 12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G/Touch pro 2
Carrier: D Matrix / Sprint

cshep is just getting started

This story sounds so famillar. Bought the TP the week it came out and wasn't even in the store yet. 3 weeks later, had to have it replaced. Worked pretty good for about 81/2 - 9 months and then stopped charging with car charger. Then it started hard resetting itself all by itself like HAL. After 3 months of complaints and trips to the Sprint ASC they finally replaced it for another TP. They actually sent me 2 TP's for the 1 bad one and after the $110 credit and $39.99 credit for a battery, and the $200 price for keeping the second TP, $50 was a nice price as an upgrade to my wife's sprint Touch Vogue. Paid off either way but would have been a LOT cheaper for Sprint to replace with a TP2. Bureaucracy at its finest and Sprint wonders why they are in trouble...
Old 12-28-2009, 01:26 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorious View Post
Ok, i'm not an expert in American Law...hell I'm not even American. I would like to be enlightened though. Assuming what the op said was true, he purchased all of his Touch Pro 1's. Sprint or HTC (by the way, in Canada, the carrier must ask/pay HTC to provide an update, I looked into this) provided an official update to their ROM. This official update screws up one's original phone functionality. So flashing an official update knowing it will create problems (keep in mind this official update has not been removed from HTC's website) to garner oneself a replacement phone is illegal? I agree it's underhanded and semi-moral, however, if the download has not been removed, I find it hard to believe it would be illegal to flash a crappy official rom, and request a replacement phone due to the negative effects on the phone. How is this fraud (again, keep in mind I am not a legal expert)? How is this perjury (I'm assuming the OP told Sprint he flashed their official ROM, which is true)? There was an example given of replacing sku's/barcodes, or something along those lines. I don't see how that relates. Switching barcodes is quite different from a carrier willingly giving you a replacement when they know the issue.

I must also note, unless the OP has phones in different names, he is obviously a valuable customer to sprint, considering how much he has spent on their products (6 phones, several contracts). My guess as to the reason why the OP has allegedly had success in getting TP2'S (if TP1's were out of stock), is Sprint does not want to lose his business. Just a guess though.

One more note. Again, assuming the OP has the phones/contracts all under his name, Sprint is probably quite aware of how many phones they have replaced for him. IF he gave the same reason for every phone, Sprint is quite likely to know that as well; Everything is noted and logged (and occasionally voice-recorded) with mobile carriers when you contact their service departments. Hence, Sprint is most likely aware of what the OP did, and still replaced the phone, if my understanding (which it may not be) is correct. End of Story.
Actually, I'm pretty sure any ROM flashing, official or not, is done at your own risk. I do believe there are multiple statements about that in the ROM updating program.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

this thread is still open?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

wow you all are lucky, I called the number in the first post told them about the problems I have been having and they told me they can master reset my phone or replace it with the same model.
-it might have had something to do with the lady I was speaking to being a b**ch

"Yesterday it worked, Today it does not, a Hard Reset is in your Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4C6a3bmFs&NR=1 <----- worth the 2.23 min

Last edited by Tibman; 12-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

emailish is a n00b

I tried this and only got referred to take phone to svc center.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
****if you DONT have insurance, this WILL NOT work**** it is possible without insurance, but youll be fighting against your warranty then, so you may get told to contact HTC instead... insurance just makes it waaaaay easier...

***do NOT call asurion for this.. this is for Advanced Tech Support only 877 809 6696***

alright, i just hustled 4 brand spanking new TP2s, so this works.. once my devices arrive, ill have 5 TP2s and 1 TP1 alltogether... all for $199(thats what i paid for my 1st TP2 from sprint AND like all my TP1s ahve basically been free)..

this all has to due with the Upgrade ROM on htcs site for the SPRINT Touch Pro1...

ive always used custom roms, so the update rom was never a thought in my mind.. afterall, why would i need it... a friend of mine however, despite my pleas and visual presentations of my own devices wont flash anything custom... he wanted the upgrade rom, so i gave it to him... well that ROm has bugs and sucks... it lags, drops calls, freezes on charger, sms lag, slider lag on TF, all kinds of stuff.. he didnt like it and wont custom flash, so i called sprint for him about his issues... got him a TP2 no problem, FOR FREE.. they had the SNAP, a BB, and something else on the list as well.. but who wants those lol..... now MY hustle...

intrigued by the ease of his claim with Sprint.. i decided to reactivate all my TP1s(3of em-still have 1 more even,but no more lines to put them on or i would of did all 4 TP1s) in place of my TP2s.... didnt even do the ROM(ill have to now though for when i send em in), just called, said ALL 3 of my devices did the Upgrade ROM and i have issues with it.... 3 NEW TP2s for me!!!!!!!!! now, with my luck they were on back order now lol.. but i just told em to mark me down and id wait for a shipment when it came in.. ADvanced Tech Support had no probs marking me down for the wait... who knows when ill get em, but who cares i already have enough tp2s as it is lol

so there ya go... u might have to accept the back order waiting, but who cares, your getting upgraded for free... i just got 4 MORE todaY

***FYI, im not sellin any, well im am, but my friends have all been buggin me to work a deal in their favor.. so their getting TP2s for xmas, or a belated xmas gift depending when they come in... im not giving em away, but they all gettin em for 150 from me... so PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO SELL YOU ONE, price isnt an issue, its a super cheap gift to my close friends ONLY******

HUSTLE ON FOLKS!!!! FTW!!!

hustle hard but
this thread is worthless without pics of said six tp2s... .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro