PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW 30 day "worry free" guarantee on TP2? Not really....

My 30 days is up Oct 14th, and I have been having some issues with my TP 2. I called Verizon to see about getting a *new* replacement, but they are still sold out. The rep stated they dont know when they will be replenished, and he doesnt know when they will get them in stores either. So I ask, if they dont get more by the time my 30 days is up, will i still be elligible to get a NEW replacement once they get them, as opposed to getting a refurb. He says no, and tells me my only option is to return the phone for a refund and buy it again when they have more. And do what in the meantime???

Somehow I dont consider this to be "worry free"...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b
Re: VZW 30 day "worry free" guarantee on TP2? Not really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
My 30 days is up Oct 14th, and I have been having some issues with my TP 2. I called Verizon to see about getting a *new* replacement, but they are still sold out. The rep stated they dont know when they will be replenished, and he doesnt know when they will get them in stores either. So I ask, if they dont get more by the time my 30 days is up, will i still be elligible to get a NEW replacement once they get them, as opposed to getting a refurb. He says no, and tells me my only option is to return the phone for a refund and buy it again when they have more. And do what in the meantime???

Somehow I dont consider this to be "worry free"...
I just went through this same thing with VZW. I sent mine back today because they would not work with me. I briefly thought about getting an Imagio while I am waiting for the TP2 to restock, but did not want to go through the hassle of returning yet another phone. I had a Sprint TP on VZW, but can't get that back on VZW. I had to switch back to my xv6800. Trying to wait patiently; however, it is very hard going back to the 6800 after using the TP2.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The last rep I spoke to said he noted my account about having tried multiple times, without success, about getting a replacement. He said that regardless of when they came in, I would get a new one when that time comes.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

ac520 is just getting started

Yeah, they are pretty hardcore about the 30 days. I called on Monday to see what my options were for swapping my TP2 for an Imagio and the guy told me because I had already sent my $100 rebate in (which had to be submitted within two weeks of purchase) I was no longer eligible for the 30 guarantee.

After politely explaining to him how F’ed up that policy was he consulted with his manager for a few minutes then came back on the line to tell me that he could make the swap but they would only credit me the amount I paid for the TP1 minus $100, which is what I was fully expecting. But to tell me I cannot exchange the phone within 30 days because I submitted my rebate which was due within 14 days is kind of messed up.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Thats what I was told too. I did get a replacement 2 days ago also...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac520 View Post
Yeah, they are pretty hardcore about the 30 days. I called on Monday to see what my options were for swapping my TP2 for an Imagio and the guy told me because I had already sent my $100 rebate in (which had to be submitted within two weeks of purchase) I was no longer eligible for the 30 guarantee.

After politely explaining to him how F’ed up that policy was he consulted with his manager for a few minutes then came back on the line to tell me that he could make the swap but they would only credit me the amount I paid for the TP1 minus $100, which is what I was fully expecting. But to tell me I cannot exchange the phone within 30 days because I submitted my rebate which was due within 14 days is kind of messed up.
it clearly says on the rebate form that the phone can still be returned within the 30 days, but if it is missing the upc bar code it will be refunded minus the price of the rebate. luckily for you the ignorant rep consulted someone who knew what they were doing
Old 10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi

I called in with some minor issues (Pixels, battery door, etc) and he extended my worry free period by 30 days with no hassle at all. But I was dealing with business support, not consumer.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Sounds crazy.. Makes me happy to be a Sprint customer.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Sounds crazy.. Makes me happy to be a Sprint customer.

Um Sprint doesn't do it any differently. They are not going to send you a new phone after 30 days either.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamokazi View Post
I called in with some minor issues (Pixels, battery door, etc) and he extended my worry free period by 30 days with no hassle at all. But I was dealing with business support, not consumer.
The same was done for me and also I was dealing with business and not consumer. This might be a sign.

Anyways my 30 days worry free was extended another 30 since they didn't have any phones available for exchange. I was also guaranteed a NEW phone when I explained I knew how to determine if a phone had been refurbished.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2