PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jake332 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
and now I'll just sit quietly until there's mention of a TMC solution that uses the built in radio!

Touch pro 2's have a built in TMC radio in them???
Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

kenix is a n00b
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

TMC radio built in? really? everytime i try to make it detect TMC, it ask if i wanna turn on bluetooth, so i thought i must have to buy an external TMC receiver or something. But if you are right, then that's great. Have anyone have their TP2 TMC working ?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenix View Post
TMC radio built in? really? everytime i try to make it detect TMC, it ask if i wanna turn on bluetooth, so i thought i must have to buy an external TMC receiver or something. But if you are right, then that's great. Have anyone have their TP2 TMC working ?
Doesn't work with Sprint. They turned it off in the stock ROM.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, there's the FM radio still in some models (like my T-Mobile TP2) and IKve already seen a program that attempts to use it as the TMC device but I couldn't get it to work. It's called HyperGPS.

I'm still having trouble with the skins. I have 3 different skin zip files in the skin folder and the button is still greyed out...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work

TO MODERATORS: None of the content I am posting in and of itself is "warez" or illegal in any way. These files are readily found using Google, require that you have the original program, and are simply additions. I do not condone piracy. If you like iGO8, please support the developer by buying it. If after this statement, you still feel this post needs to be taken down I understand.

STEP BY STEP on how to get Text to Speech (TTS) working with iGO8 (cause I couldn't get it going either, and it seems it is because some downloads do not include TTS content). But be warned, like any GPS program, TTS is only kind of "meh".

This will give you four (4) TTS voices: UK - Kate, Simon US - Dave, Susan

1. Download the TTS files from HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z9MTKOV1 (163 MB)

(note: this takes forever to upload. I will add a rapidshare link tomorrow if needbe)

When you unzip the file, you'll see an iGO8 folder. each file's location corresponds to where you should copy them onto your storage card. In other words, there are 4 files that go to root iGO8 directory, a new directory (iGO8/tts_loq) and a couple new voice files to put under iGO8/content/voice. I also attached the SYS.TXT from earlier in the thread, with the appropriate additions all added. Simply download and replace your SYS.TXT.

2. Follow this step ONLY if you wish to add the code manually rather than use the SYS.TXT included above.

2a. Add the following lines to [debug] section:

Code:
tts_min_ready_wav=1
tts_getaway_time=100
2b. And then add this section underneath [smartzoom] section:

Code:
[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
tts_logics=3
always_say_road_names=1
announce_street_name=1
announce_exit_directions=1
skip_exit_numbers=0
priority="HIGH"
Save and overwrite your old SYS.TXT file.

3. Turn on TTS voices. Go to Settings --> Regional --> Click on Voice Profile to select a new one --> Select a profile that has TTS in it.

SPECIAL BONUS: Latest US Speedcam file with ~ 4000 entries. Simply go to /iGO8/content/speedcam and add the text file. Then go to Settings --> Warnings --> Speed Camera Warning and check on the box for the warnings. Voila

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J9NVYZV4
http://rapidshare.com/files/288829352/speedcamNAall.txt
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lotus f1 is just getting started
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

I have the speedcam folder and the download but the option does not show up in the "warnings" menu.

Also.. you state that you have attached a new sys.txt with the changes. I do not see that link on your post nor your download file of the tts files. Where is it?

Last edited by lotus f1; 10-05-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Navteq maps better than TeleAtlas?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My screen orientation won't stick.

I select landscape mode and it tells me that the program must reboot for changes to take effect. It reboots yet it comes back into portrait mode. Any ideas as to why this is? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
My screen orientation won't stick.

I select landscape mode and it tells me that the program must reboot for changes to take effect. It reboots yet it comes back into portrait mode. Any ideas as to why this is? Thanks.
+1 Same problem for me.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

ok i installed igo is amazing...i drove all the way from buffalo to las vegas without a hitch...but...that was in portrait mode...could not get landscape mode to work proper...when i switched to landscape it would cut the screen in half...and only shift the one side...any idea as to why this happens?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps