PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To Find Sprint MSL

This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.
This post has been thanked 113 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

DanteDrac is just getting started
Re: How To Find Sprint MSL

Sorry to be the first idiot to respond but whats the MSL for 0.o?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteDrac View Post
Sorry to be the first idiot to respond but whats the MSL for 0.o?
MSL

(Master Subsidy Lock)
A numeric code (password) that prevents a user from accessing certain technical settings of a phone. It is specifically designed to prevent a phone from being reprogrammed to work with a different carrier (service provider).

This is what is usually meant when a phone is referred to as "locked". There are also "unlocked" phones that can be reprogrammed to work with a different carrier.

The reason for this system is the way phones are often sold. Many phones are sold below cost, (at a loss to the carrier,) with the expectation that the money will be recouped in the cost of the monthly service plan. The up-front loss that is later recouped is called a Subsidy.

For this to work financially for the carrier, the user must not buy the phone and then use it with a different carrier. The MSL makes that nearly impossible.

Unlocked phones are ususally much more expensive than locked phones, because there is no subsidy to offset the cost.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:28 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also msl is used to program your device, update your prl manually, and enter diag modes
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

why wouldn't you just use the MSL grabber?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work

Maybe you don't have an online account at Sprint ?
If you do, simply navigate to your phone number and go to activate a new phone. If you put in the ESN of any sprint phone you get the MSL as well as MSID, etc, etc.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:17 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

well I used the MSL grabber so...??
Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My MSL was included in the online programming directions
Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
why wouldn't you just use the MSL grabber?
i just tried BAFMSL and it didnt work, it says "There has been an error retrieving your MSL."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
well I used the MSL grabber so...??
glad it worked for you, but for those it doesn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
My MSL was included in the online programming directions
and here is another method, online activation (with Sprint) is another way to obtain your MSL
Old 09-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul6800/P4000
Carrier: ckt/spt

randomwit is a n00b

good deal bagz

this is the same method we used on the qwest moguls...at least i did b4 i had workshop

anywho- if baf's works for some and not others, then there has to be something causing the error...i'm sure the tp2 comes stock with .net cf 3.5, but i could be mistaken

if not, i'm sure baf will update soon

glad to hear you got your **** straight though

btw- for all the noobtastic folks here that don't know...many time getting the msl/spc from sprint is not an option because the esn/meid is bad...but thanks for that input

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2