PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help, data toggles off after inactivity

Not sure what's going on but my data connection seems to toggle off after some time, maybe inactivity?

horndoctor suggested using shaggy's suspendresume cab as a fix but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyways the problem occurs when I reboot phone, or just when I have it powered off (not turned off) and later on when I'm using it, I find the data is turned off. I also notice this problem when listening to pandora/slacker (just anything with constant streaming) but after a couple minutes (1-5 minutes) of constant streaming the data would toggle off.

I've also noticed that when the data is off, I get the roaming icon and I can still surf the web which confuses me because if data is off I shouldn't be able to use data but I can. Not sure if this is part or problem or something separate but I'm mentioning it.

So if anyone else has this problem/know of a fix, I could use some help with this thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well wait, data does toggle off after a period of time because it's supposed to. The key is, does it reconnect for you when you need it again?
When the roaming icon comes on and you can still use data that is working correctly unless you make changes to certain things so you can't roam. You probably have spotty signal where you are so that's why it switches to roam.
When you are streaming with Slacker does your music stop playing suddenly?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Re: need help, data toggles off after inactivity

well the music stops after the song and it doesn't go to next song until after I turn on screen again (this is when I notice data is toggled off) so when I turn data back on, the next song continues

hm... I didn't know that it was suppose to turn off when I power off... but still not sure why I "roam" when the data is off... I mean I want it to roam when data is on, but why does roaming ignore if data is on/off?

edit: the data doesn't really turn back on by itself... its more like the data switch stays toggled off but I get data from roaming. So I have to manually turn the data toggle back to on

also seems to toggle data off when I connect it to computer to move files to phone :S

I dont know if all these "bugs" are "features" but i would kind of like the phone to have data toggle stay on unless I toggle it off myself and not have phone decide when I shouldn't have data...

Last edited by EyeB; 07-18-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

like horndoctor says . your signal may be spotty . use this attached cab to force home only . I noticed the same problem when my phone would go into roaming . I think when the phone goes into roaming it shuts off the radio then turns it back on . so try the cab I attached and get back to us !
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

um... which cab?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
um... which cab?
heh ... oops xP
Attached Files
File Type: cab SwitchRoamMode.cab (406.0 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Also, your issue with Slacker may simply be due to your phone going to sleep causing an interruption. You could try temporarily changing the power settings to keep your device awake and see if the music keeps going. Then to make things more convenient you could use a mortscript to toggle regular power saving settings on or off depending on your needs.

Last edited by horndoctor; 07-18-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the slacker radio app for WM has been having issues lately where it would simply cut off after a song or a commercial break so that may be ur issue too.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

hehe thanks all for the suggestions, I'm at work so can't play with phone right now. I'll download the cab when I'm home.

And what do you mean mortscripts? I've seen this mentioned before and so far I've gotten by without using them but maybe it's time to learn about them.

Didn't know about the slacker thing.

I don't think it is the phone going to sleep, I've had this problem even when I've turned off the sleep setting
Old 07-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sorry for late reply but that switchroammode cab doesnt work for me, when i try to open it, it crashes/shows me the details/quit window.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2