PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: need help, data toggles off after inactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
it works now but i'm not sure why lol

your version of .net was newer than mine but it didnt work
I uninstalled yours, reinstalled mine, still didnt work, repeated installing/uninstalling

and the switchroam somehow in the middle of this started working using the .net I was using (not yours)

I did notice that your's is about 6mb and mine is 2mb... not sure why there is such big size difference though
now that's just funny ! I'm glad you got it working ! now back to the main issue , has forcing home only solved your random data disconnects ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
now that's just funny ! I'm glad you got it working ! now back to the main issue , has forcing home only solved your random data disconnects ?
I'm not too sure lol, I mean since you first mentioned it, I set roaming to sprint only manually and it seemed to work. I'm not sure if the cab does the same thing. Plus since I only got it working since last night before I slept, I'm not too sure if it works yet

But if it does same thing as setting roaming to sprint only, I've notice it still disconnects once in a while but not as often. Mostly when I connect it to computer by usb, seems to turn off data for some reason. And sometimes I see it off after I wake up. But it's odd because even though it's off I can still get data its just slow

edit: ok... so this is kind of strange, I just tested turning off the data, going to weather tab and it automatically turns the data on to download. I'm not sure if this is a feature, but can't the data just stay on till I turn it off, and vice vera? I mean what if I turned off data to conserve data (I'm not since I got unlimited but still) and I find out that it doesn't matter because phone just does what it wants and keeps using data. And using airplane mode isn't an option since I still want to make/recieve calls.

I mean I know this sounds like I'm wanting opposite of my initial problem of it disconnecting but I just want the data to stay the way I set it and not switch back and forth without me doing anything lol

Last edited by EyeB; 07-24-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well, if you turn off or switch all functions that connect for data like weather, QuickGPS, and email to manual then your device won't reconnect like that. I suggested what I suggested to try to diagnose if your device was functioning normally. It sounds like it is. If you have unlimited data I would not worry about it as much as you are. Your initial problem with Slacker may have just been specific to that app.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

yep it sounds like it was just slacker lol. I'm just disappointed that the data toggles on by itself now lol. guess this thread can be closed

thanks for the help elesbb and horn

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2