PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did anybody get their touch pro 2 free for touch pro via sprint advanced exchange?

Is the touch pro for sprint going to go out of stock anytime soon because I want to upgrade to a touch pro 2 via. phone. I don't want to go to the store.
Is there anything I can say to sprint to make them replace it for free, or at least give me a list of similiar phones to offer, anytime I ask them on the phone, they tell me that the system will not allow them to replace the touch pro with another model, only another touch pro. Is there any way I can upgrade?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Did anybody get their touch pro 2 free for touch pro via sprint advanced exchange

how many tp1's have you had? I think that is a big part of the deciding factor, though I didn't think they had the tp1's anymore?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work
Re: Did anybody get their touch pro 2 free for touch pro via sprint advanced exchange

I've had 1 replacement and one faulty touch pro!!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

have you tried to call them about a replacement? The TP1 has finally fallen off the online store, so you should be able to talk them into a TP2. That's how a lot of sprint members got theirs.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

go to a store
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...+replacing+tp2
Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

You have to go to a store. First thing they do is look at the water sensors to ensure that you haven't dunked it in water thus negating your warranty. Once that is done the next thing they do is offer a list of replacement devices, one of which will be the TP2. That only if your device is faulty - i.e., if the keyboard doesn't work.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
You have to go to a store. First thing they do is look at the water sensors to ensure that you haven't dunked it in water thus negating your warranty. Once that is done the next thing they do is offer a list of replacement devices, one of which will be the TP2. That only if your device is faulty - i.e., if the keyboard doesn't work.
Not true...

I called *2, was transferred to Technical Support, than transferred to Advanced Technical Support, and was offered a TP2 for my TP1... I was on my 5th TP1 so I think they could see it was about time, but yeah I dont go into any of the Sprint stores and haven't been to one in years... I do everything online or on the phone, that's what all the quick-dial options are for, *2, *4, etc...

Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

but only if you've had multiple replacements...the rules get kinda tricky. if they walk into a store, as soon as the tech sees the tp, they will order a replacement which SHOULD be a tp2.... unless they have some refurbs lol!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

DONT GO TO THE STORE!

I called sprint and asked for ADVANCE TECHNICAL SUPPORT as soon I can.

I told them my problems. Its still under manufacturers warranty, had them send me a replacement. After three replacements they offered me a different phone. Not the TP2

I told them that I want a slide out keyboard and a windows based phone and it has to be equal or greater phone then the TP.

Then they offered me the Tp2. They were reluctant but I got mine FOR FREE!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2