PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Nice work though - I am sure many will appreciate this!

For those of you using the Script - the same thing SHOULD (someone will have to test - i dont run andriod on my tp2) work...just use the GUI to set your safe mode to on, and set your safe mode duration to a long value.
Post edited.

Excellent observation nayr. I guess there will be a few that will have leftovers from the scripts from past attempts, but I didn't know which ones came in which bundle. This has been developed so quickly that things are all just mashing together lately. Thanks again man.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
For those of you using the Script - the same thing SHOULD (someone will have to test - i dont run andriod on my tp2) work...just use the GUI to set your safe mode to on, and set your safe mode duration to a long value.
I was trying this with the script and was not having any luck even with safe mode duration at max it was still locking up. I assumed it was because there was no 528 option..
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
I was trying this with the script and was not having any luck even with safe mode duration at max it was still locking up. I assumed it was because there was no 528 option..
you know what...you are right. that is because the script sets to to a speed at boot and then waits.

i think i can change this. i think i can give you the option of keeping the cpu @ stock for x milliseconds.

let me see what i can come up with...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post

Let me know if I missed anything or anyone has questions.
I was able to finally get to Android!!
BUT
When I boot into WM my current CPU speed sets to 633.6 and in the registry I set it to 768..

I was getting a 768 using the script, am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85stang View Post
I can confirm this fixes the SOD when using SetCpuSpeed I was getting SOD after every call when using setCpuspeed 1.0d Changing this registry settting has fixed it. that was the only issue so far. running 748Mhz and stable. no scripts required, only one cab to install, and one registry edit, done!
Can you tell me where can i get the cab you installed. Are you able to have run on battery power? Where did you install it too was it to your phone or sd card. have you had any problems with it recently
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
I was able to finally get to Android!!
BUT
When I boot into WM my current CPU speed sets to 633.6 and in the registry I set it to 768..

I was getting a 768 using the script, am I doing something wrong?
Lets find out. In the registry, my values for my current setup are

boost_speed ( 38 )
Performance Level( 38 )
Throttle_speed (31)

This runs me at 729.6mhz at normal backlight on speed. How do those numbers match up? Does it bring yours to 729? Also, Make sure you don't have any scripts in your startup folder. setcpuspeed should be there though. Msm7k DOES NOT have to be enabled at boot. Check that out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Can you tell me where can i get the cab you installed. Are you able to have run on battery power? Where did you install it too was it to your phone or sd card. have you had any problems with it recently
He's talking about msm7kcpuspeed v2 HERE and setcpuspeed 1.0d which can be found HERE.
Use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0. This should solve your sleep issues.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 08-06-2010 at 01:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Lets find out. In the registry, my values for my current setup are

boost_speed (3
Performance Level(3
Throttle_speed (31)

This runs me at 729.6mhz at normal backlight on speed. How do those numbers match up? Also, Make sure you don't have any scripts in your startup folder. setcpuspeed should be there though.
ahhh!
I did not change the performance level
Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
you know what...you are right. that is because the script sets to to a speed at boot and then waits.

i think i can change this. i think i can give you the option of keeping the cpu @ stock for x milliseconds.

let me see what i can come up with...
Sweet!
I am not crazy afterall!!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Now that OC is working in WM and in Android, and I can bounce back and forth between the 2 who needs an EVO!!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Sweet!
I am not crazy afterall!!

here ya go...give it a whirl

v4.2
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2