PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
After reports from other users at XDA and
After more testing I also experience a crash notice after wakeup,
So I just went bold and deleted the only folder in that same directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/state/suspend

It the folder i stated before, labeled with a long string value, and has one dword reg key labeled "Default" inside.
I am assuming it is a profile setting for the device to suspend.

I haven't had a crash notice since, unless I clock at highest speed.
The unit always reverts to normal clock speed on wakeup, but at least no notice of application crash, AND no more SOD (for me).

If anyone care to try, they may want to save the folder name if they want to revert,
but the dword labeled "default" inside& outside the folder is easy to make again.
So in all I deleted one folder and 2 dwords.

Dunno about other devices, but hope that helps.
Does that seem like it's making the phone not go into sleep mode besides turning off the screen (or maybe just backlight), so the processor is fully active?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyone View Post
Does that seem like it's making the phone not go into sleep mode besides turning off the screen (or maybe just backlight), so the processor is fully active?
Na those settings are little further in another folder, I already messed with those and they should be left alone.
They change anyway when you adjust then in power/backlight settings.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium W
Carrier: Comcel-Tigo

erikzon is a n00b

not if you already knew http://www.xda-developers.com/window...dtopazrhodium/
Old 07-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzon View Post
Good job reading the thread.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

SWEET! THIS ROCKS, I'm also on Energy 911 (looks funny now that I wrote it... emergency 911?)
re: not GPU, yea but... pulling up & changing wallpapers in cookie, it sure finds the icons fast out of my 2000 pictures spread all over!
Download here

*edit post testing*
729 is real stable for me both power & battery, running load test with wifi router & music. Let go into sleep mode, music keeps playing fine, take out of sleep & drops down to 528, no errors, no music interruption, no BSOD & just ran app again to OC! The only time I saw “error calculating speed” (as prev stated) was not exiting msm7kcpuspeed app before testing, so.. just exit the app! Music menu pulls up REAL fast (1000 songs)…

Downside? Only drawback is that songs play 50% faster now, but my wifi is downloading over 400 KB/sec! … :>)) ……..not

I submit, you probably don’t need to do what maxx134 did. I simply ran Netrippers app, slide to 729. Done.
Maxx134: from several of your posts over multiple pages… to summarize: The only thing you did was deleted the directory (very long numbered) here correct? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/state/suspend (I did not do this & it works great for me, thanks for the testing though)

BTW, ** something is strange, tons running 10 min, battery still on 100% several reboots! **

TIPS
· Don’t slide beyond 748, you can’t pull back down & exit, have to reboot (Sprint TP2, Energy cookie 911)
· 748 hangs in less than 1 min using sense slider & winkey test
· 787 (max) & 768 hangs immediately for me, can’t even slide back down, (reboot)

Where I see the most speed improvement?
Pulling up wifi router
Going into the start/settings menu while in wifirouter!
Total commander, especially pulling up the windows directory..

I simply made a top quicklink for msm7kcpu & also put it in windows/startup

Last edited by teradog; 07-19-2010 at 11:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Mine goes all the way up to 787. Running Energy Cookie with all kinds of cabs installed. Sometimes you just get lucky with the cpu's. Stable with no crashes and not even a program event on battery after standby. Seems it will work perfectly after we get the resume clock speed brought back up. I can't wait until this works full time. I love the potential I see here. Great job netripper. Keep it up.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Mine goes all the way up to 787. Running Energy Cookie with all kinds of cabs installed. Sometimes you just get lucky with the cpu's. Stable with no crashes and not even a program event on battery after standby. Seems it will work perfectly after we get the resume clock speed brought back up. I can't wait until this works full time. I love the potential I see here. Great job netripper. Keep it up.
Good for you! agreed on CPU! I'm LOVING THIS!! wishing i had 787!!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

brokensparrow is just getting started

I ran mine at 748 for awhile. Played a bit of FF7 on FPSECE. Plugged my phone into an AC Adapter. Got SOD. And on bootup, Sense doesn't load up anymore. I get an endless cycle of it trying to load up. Just sharing my experiences... Running on Stock 6.5
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Suscribed!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensparrow View Post
I ran mine at 748 for awhile. Played a bit of FF7 on FPSECE. Plugged my phone into an AC Adapter. Got SOD. And on bootup, Sense doesn't load up anymore. I get an endless cycle of it trying to load up. Just sharing my experiences... Running on Stock 6.5
729 seems to be my magic number (748 sometimes hangs, but works good.. but I want stability) 710 is good for most. Seems to not matter AC or DC, no difference for me. ** day 2 **

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2