PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

mindcontrola is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Edit SMS Date - TP2 2016 patch didn't work

In short: (HTC's SMS patch didn't work because of stupidity and now I need a way to edit the dates on the 2016 timestamps. There has to be a app.)

I've been searching for a resolution for SMS Date issue. I have installed the patch, but it was done too late. This is what happened.

I had stock Sprint TP2. I made a backup of SMS and contacts. I never knew there was a patch. I installed official 6.5 ROM, and reverted back to 6.1 thinking I would be able to install the patch and fix the SMS dates, but it did nothing. They still all show 2016.

I use SMS as our main form of communication at our little company and I have to have a record of at least 5 months of SMS sent and received.

Is there any program out there where I can edit the date?

I used PIM and also iMobileSMS backup tool. Is there one that can show sms in text format and convert it back to some database format for the phone. So annoying..
Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Edit SMS Date - TP2 2016 patch didn't work

if your backing them up, it will keep the date stamp. i would look into microsoft myphone, but you need 6.5 for that.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow if you have 5 Months worth of text messages on your phone I know it must run slow as shit.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600

olefafl is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
if your backing them up, it will keep the date stamp. i would look into microsoft myphone, but you need 6.5 for that.

Why do you need 6.5 for myphone? It works on 6.1.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

yea it just comes pre installed on 6.5 .. def works 6.1
Old 04-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mindcontrola is a n00b

5 months worth of msgs does bog it down. I will give MS MyPhone another try. I gave it a try when it was released. Not too convenient when we need to bring up an SMS on the fly. So much faster when I can just pull it up under messages.

I have been searching for a way to edit the timestamp for those that have 2016, but so far, no luck.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcontrola View Post
5 months worth of msgs does bog it down. I will give MS MyPhone another try. I gave it a try when it was released. Not too convenient when we need to bring up an SMS on the fly. So much faster when I can just pull it up under messages.

I have been searching for a way to edit the timestamp for those that have 2016, but so far, no luck.
Try running the attached .exe on your phone (ie unzip, copy exe to phone, browse to it and run it via phone's file browser). It's an exe from the 2016 hotfix directly from the HTC cab. I haven't used it as I don't save text messages, but it's supposed to fix all of the ones with the 2016 date because of the bug. I would imagine it will take awhile to fix 500 messages.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CorrectSMSDate.zip (3.9 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

1st off...when your applying the patch your are supposed to put your phone in Airplane mode....run the patch and soft reset your phone....

2nd...all txt's that you had previous to the patch are still going to show the wrong date stamp (2016)....everything from the point of the patch will show the right date stamp. Make sense?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
1st off...when your applying the patch your are supposed to put your phone in Airplane mode....run the patch and soft reset your phone....

2nd...all txt's that you had previous to the patch are still going to show the wrong date stamp (2016)....everything from the point of the patch will show the right date stamp. Make sense?
Other than some files to check for the correct ROM version, the patch contains nothing more than a new rilphone.dll (old one is the cause of the 2016 error) and the .exe I posted above. The exe is supposed to fix all old texts on your phone. It has nothing to do with fixing the cause of the 2016 issue. The only file you need from the patch for that is rilphone.dll.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mindcontrola is a n00b

@ mwalt2:

I will give it a go. Was this exe in the patch released by HTC? I used their patch, but it did not fix any of the messages. If their patch that they released only replaced a dll, where was this one from. I'm just a bit confused as I don't think I will try this if this is the same one that was in their patch, unless I missed something.

BTW: I am using 6.5 again. Will this work on 6.5 or only 6.1? If only 6.1 then I will revert back again tonight and give it a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2