PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluelodge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dead TP2 Advice Please

Sprint TP2 I bought brand new in box less the 30 days ago on Ebay ... no contract. Yesterday i pulled it out of my pocked because it was beeping about the battery being low, it was in my case in camera mode hotter then hell. Just then it went dead, I assumed the battery ran out. Charged it that night but it never came back. No lights nothing. What options do I have for warranty replacement or repair? HTC? Sprint? what do I do? Deader then a door nail.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Dead TP2 Advice Please

Do you have TEP on your Sprint account? If so take it to a repair center and they should order you a replacement. if no TEP you can do an Advanced Exchange thru Sprints website and pay the deductable for a replacement.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

It may just be that your battery fried out. This happened to me several times with my TP1. Go to a sprint store & have them give you a different battery & see if that revives it.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Do you have TEP on your Sprint account? If so take it to a repair center and they should order you a replacement. if no TEP you can do an Advanced Exchange thru Sprints website and pay the deductable for a replacement.
There is no deductible associated with the Advanced Exchange program unless there is Physical Damage to the device. Asurion charges a deductible for any PD or LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
It may just be that your battery fried out. This happened to me several times with my TP1. Go to a sprint store & have them give you a different battery & see if that revives it.
+1 especially if you say it was hot, probably fried the cell out

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bluelodge is a n00b

Because I didn't buy it from Sprint I couldnt buy the TEP for it. I'll look into the Advanced Exchange stuff. Thanks for the feedback. I'll stop into the local Sprint store tomorrow and check the battery.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelodge View Post
Sprint TP2 I bought brand new in box less the 30 days ago on Ebay ... no contract. Yesterday i pulled it out of my pocked because it was beeping about the battery being low, it was in my case in camera mode hotter then hell. Just then it went dead, I assumed the battery ran out. Charged it that night but it never came back. No lights nothing. What options do I have for warranty replacement or repair? HTC? Sprint? what do I do? Deader then a door nail.

Thanks.
Thats weird for it to heat up like that, was the wifi running?...confirm the battery thing...if you don't have TEP you can always get a refund/exchange from the sender on ebay...

When you charge it do any led's glow at all?

And you cna BUY TEP in march TEP is for everyone

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Here you go:

Between March 1 and March 31 Customers Can Sign up for Total Equipment Protection Despite Date of Device Purchase

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1396914
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yep. tep is available to all customers in march regarless of when where or what condtion the phone is in. you better add that while you can
Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bluelodge is a n00b

Glad I posted on here. The TEP is the hot TIP? lol ... not LED nothing.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

here is my question when plugged in does it have any led light for charger at least? try removing battery let phone sit for like 10 minutes....plug in charger with battery out....now put battery back in while plugged in...see if it will start may need to let it sit charging for a minute...but that bad boy should fire up.Its like something holds juice and you gotta let it drain..idk weird but.. had this happen to mine and my girls. upgrading to 6.5....i was ready to cry...but for some god strange reason worked for me.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2