PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dead TP2 Advice Please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116044)

bluelodge 03-27-2010 08:55 PM

Dead TP2 Advice Please

Sprint TP2 I bought brand new in box less the 30 days ago on Ebay ... no contract. Yesterday i pulled it out of my pocked because it was beeping about the battery being low, it was in my case in camera mode hotter then hell. Just then it went dead, I assumed the battery ran out. Charged it that night but it never came back. No lights nothing. What options do I have for warranty replacement or repair? HTC? Sprint? what do I do? Deader then a door nail. :help:

Thanks.

neudof 03-27-2010 09:42 PM

Re: Dead TP2 Advice Please

Do you have TEP on your Sprint account? If so take it to a repair center and they should order you a replacement. if no TEP you can do an Advanced Exchange thru Sprints website and pay the deductable for a replacement.

kabuk1 03-27-2010 09:45 PM

It may just be that your battery fried out. This happened to me several times with my TP1. Go to a sprint store & have them give you a different battery & see if that revives it.

nxtech3 03-27-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neudof (Post 1664610)
Do you have TEP on your Sprint account? If so take it to a repair center and they should order you a replacement. if no TEP you can do an Advanced Exchange thru Sprints website and pay the deductable for a replacement.

There is no deductible associated with the Advanced Exchange program unless there is Physical Damage to the device. Asurion charges a deductible for any PD or LD

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1664615)
It may just be that your battery fried out. This happened to me several times with my TP1. Go to a sprint store & have them give you a different battery & see if that revives it.

+1 especially if you say it was hot, probably fried the cell out

bluelodge 03-27-2010 09:53 PM

Because I didn't buy it from Sprint I couldnt buy the TEP for it. I'll look into the Advanced Exchange stuff. Thanks for the feedback. I'll stop into the local Sprint store tomorrow and check the battery.

gTen 03-27-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluelodge (Post 1664535)
Sprint TP2 I bought brand new in box less the 30 days ago on Ebay ... no contract. Yesterday i pulled it out of my pocked because it was beeping about the battery being low, it was in my case in camera mode hotter then hell. Just then it went dead, I assumed the battery ran out. Charged it that night but it never came back. No lights nothing. What options do I have for warranty replacement or repair? HTC? Sprint? what do I do? Deader then a door nail. :help:

Thanks.

Thats weird for it to heat up like that, was the wifi running?...confirm the battery thing...if you don't have TEP you can always get a refund/exchange from the sender on ebay...

When you charge it do any led's glow at all?

And you cna BUY TEP in march TEP is for everyone

gTen 03-27-2010 09:56 PM

Here you go:

Between March 1 and March 31 Customers Can Sign up for Total Equipment Protection Despite Date of Device Purchase

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1396914

austin420 03-27-2010 09:57 PM

yep. tep is available to all customers in march regarless of when where or what condtion the phone is in. you better add that while you can

bluelodge 03-27-2010 10:04 PM

Glad I posted on here. The TEP is the hot TIP? lol ... not LED nothing.

kaos 03-27-2010 10:18 PM

here is my question when plugged in does it have any led light for charger at least? try removing battery let phone sit for like 10 minutes....plug in charger with battery out....now put battery back in while plugged in...see if it will start may need to let it sit charging for a minute...but that bad boy should fire up.Its like something holds juice and you gotta let it drain..idk weird but.. had this happen to mine and my girls. upgrading to 6.5....i was ready to cry...but for some god strange reason worked for me.