PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Touch pro2 vs my Nexus on browser comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
NOW THIS IS on the same wifi network..... Tp2 can't keep up period. Non proxied browsers........

The Leo should also kill the tp2s browser speed also from that snapdragon.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lbqMh-g...ient=mv-google

Sorry for the cussing... It was meant for somewhere else.......
so its rated pg13. Lol
uhm...I'll say the same thing I said when pocket now did a vs on each browser (nexus one vs hd2)

nexus one uses a webkit browser, and those browsers are known to render pages much much faster on the same wifi network. I would suggest using iris or dorothy and then trying this...
Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
uhm...I'll say the same thing I said when pocket now did a vs on each browser (nexus one vs hd2)

nexus one uses a webkit browser, and those browsers are known to render pages much much faster on the same wifi network. I would suggest using iris or dorothy and then trying this...
Webkit browsers only have advantages on webkitted websites, if you go to a website like pocketnow.com webkits have no advantage.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
request: please do a video comparison of slingplayer mobile on nexus one vs touch pro2
If this is the only reason you have a tp2 then I guess, but in all honesty how long do you think you'll be able to say this.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
All bullshit aside, Windows Mobile is far above both Android and iPhone OS. However, it is not geared towards user-friendliness or performance. But as far as capability....come on. You can do virtually anything you can do on a PC and it is infinitely more customizable. Don't confuse a user-friendly OS that has tailored towards mobile phones and performance for being better overall. Feature for feature, Windows Mobile is far above them both lol.
well said bro
Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
All bullshit aside, Windows Mobile is far above both Android and iPhone OS. However, it is not geared towards user-friendliness or performance. But as far as capability....come on. You can do virtually anything you can do on a PC and it is infinitely more customizable. Don't confuse a user-friendly OS that has tailored towards mobile phones and performance for being better overall. Feature for feature, Windows Mobile is far above them both lol.
Well said if you need every single feature, but if you want 95% of the features and you want to do it faster, easier, and have it look better then you will go with android. HTC probably won't have a winmo 7 device in the US till 2011, I'm not sticking with that turtle till then.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Youre entitled to your opinion, but I didnt really realize how much bullshit winmo is until my girl got her droid and I got a 3gs. Performance, winmo and far and above dont even belong in the same sentence. I can sit my 3gs beside the tp2 and start facebook on both phones, and have updated my status and a pic by the time the program fully loads on the tp2. And wtf sense does it make to make a phone NOT geared towards user friendliness? This is just another excuse people use to justify having to do all of those tweaks just to get the phone to where it should be out of the box. People usually use the "made for business users" excuse, but most businesses lean towards the blackberry and even more are leaning towards the iphone now so that argument really doesnt hold much weight anymore.

I have pretty much always been pro winmo.. that is.. until I actually started using other phones. Using that droid made my phone feel like a slug and that was pretty much it for me. Look at htc's OS roadmap for this year... a LOT less winmo and a lot MORE android. How long do you think it will be before android passes winmo like the iphone already has..with just one phone? Im sorry but im just not gonna make excuses for it anymore.. its slow and outdated.

Last edited by brownhornet; 01-31-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Well said if you need every single feature, but if you want 95% of the features and you want to do it faster, easier, and have it look better then you will go with android. HTC probably won't have a winmo 7 device in the US till 2011, I'm not sticking with that turtle till then.
Exactly. I sure as heck ain't sticking with 6.5 for another year even if its on a Leo (need to change my sig.). Grabbing my tp2 is a nightmare now. THE APPS ALL LOOK like a second grader made em... the ui is just ugly and sense ui don't do good enough to cover its ugly... Pandora OMG is hideous on winmo just a joke. ANDROID its beautiful. That's just one example.

Last edited by Dragon2; 01-31-2010 at 06:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2