PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enter260 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Touch pro2 vs my Nexus on browser comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Anyone that wants a decent smartphone ditch your tp2 and get a snapdragon regardless of the OS... personally though having both winmo is behind.....
FTFY

and i'm pretty sure the tp2 is a "real phone"
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

lol why would you compare the tp2 and nexus one? i dont think anyones shocked by the results. hd2 and acer neotouch would smoke tp2 also. tp2 is at the end of the last generation of smartphones and nexus one is at the beginning of the next... completely different brackets.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
When All the hype is settled, I think the iphone will still top the nexus one. That's it's direct competitor, not really competitor of the TP2.
correct, iphone is nexus' direct competitor because winmo 6 is a joke. once winmo 7 comes windows will be able to compete. Also you're wrong about the iphone, unfortunately the iphone is only 1 phone, android has mulitiple phones and platforms that run on android so therefore i'm pretty sure the android os will be in more peoples hands soon. I'm not comparing phones, i'm comparing os'
I wont deny wm being pretty low end, but it's fine. I use my phone for actual work. Contacts, calendar, email, sms, and actual phone useage are the most important features of my phone (it has to sync with outlook!).

Even if the nexus one is better in those regards, how much better can it be?

on paper, the n1 is a monster, and its like comparing your ferrari to my pickup truck. as much as you can convince me that your ferrari is the best thing since sliced bread, my pickup truck still gets the job done, and is by no means a bad vehicle.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I wont deny wm being pretty low end, but it's fine. I use my phone for actual work. Contacts, calendar, email, sms, and actual phone useage are the most important features of my phone (it has to sync with outlook!).

Even if the nexus one is better in those regards, how much better can it be?

on paper, the n1 is a monster, and its like comparing your ferrari to my pickup truck. as much as you can convince me that your ferrari is the best thing since sliced bread, my pickup truck still gets the job done, and is by no means a bad vehicle.
I'll be honest man, the hero does all those things better then the tp2. Google's webrowser is better then ie and opera, and thats whats the most important to me. Even in the hd2 vs nexus video, googles browser out performed opera 9.7. the funniest part is you wrote "phone usage" and we all know that windows is the worst when it actually comes to phone functunality which is why we build so many custom roms.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
we all know that windows is the worst when it actually comes to phone functunality which is why we build so many custom roms.
people flash roms mainly because they like personalization. i'd suspect there are more people using spb software than there are rom flashers.

look around and you'll find quite a few roms out there for the hero - not so many for cdma, but the gsm has a good bit.

from what i read, if you want to get rid of some lagginess that the stock hero (including the sprint version) has you need to flash to fresh or modaco. seems no different than tp or tp2. it would be nice if there was a way to overclock the processor or better yet that htc wouldn't use such ancient hardware on brand new phones (ancient is relative, lol).

now the web browsing i really do agree with. however, i just tried opera 10 beta and man that thing is blazing! no zoom support though so functionality is crap.

i went to the sprint store just a few minutes ago to play with some 'droid phones. i had to see if i could stand using a smaller screen. the loss of real estate wasn't as bad as i thought and man is web browsing more pleasing - especially with multitouch. the moment, even though it loaded pages faster, is just not what i'm looking for.

i plan on tweaking my tp2 a bit more this weekend and make up my mind on what to do - stay with winmo or switch to 'droid.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I turned off 3g on my nexus and raced my wife's tp2 on 3g and they finished at the same time...... lmaooo...
Old 01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I turned off 3g on my nexus and raced my wife's tp2 on 3g and they finished at the same time...... lmaooo...
This might excite me if all I used my TP2 for was browsing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
lol why would you compare the tp2 and nexus one? i dont think anyones shocked by the results. hd2 and acer neotouch would smoke tp2 also. tp2 is at the end of the last generation of smartphones and nexus one is at the beginning of the next... completely different brackets.
Its ok to compare the Nexus One to the TP2 because of price. T-Mobile through google sells the Nexus One for 179 with 2 year contract, while Sprint sells the TP2 for 349 with 2 year contract. So not only is Nexus One newer, faster and better in every way, but it’s almost half the price. You have to be a total idiot to get the TP2 these days for the price Sprint is asking for. Also, I checked on T-Mobile’s web page for the pricing on the TP2 but I don’t even see it anymore, has T-Mo gotten rid of it or something?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
You have to be a total idiot to get the TP2 these days for the price Sprint is asking for.
looking at tmobile's 3g coverage vs sprint and the total costs, you could say the same about nexus tmo users.

here's some pricing on 500min w/o tax:

$2098.76 - n1 with the $79.99 plan plus cost of phone.

$1070 - tp2 if you're on sero plus cost of phone - same plan as n1 with 7pm nights.

1789.76 - cost of everything plus referral plan - same plane as n1 plus nav, sprint tv, nfl, free to any mobile, 7pm nights.

2029.76 - tp2 with vanilla everything plus plan.

i'd love to have the nexus but not with the coverage tmobile offers. if it goes to verizon i just may give up my sero.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor

Dragon 2, P-slim, & other ANDROID user, we are happy that you all have found a phone that suits your needs in every aspect (except for excel, powerpoint, word, exchange, etc.). my only question is why are you all still posting/commenting in a tp2 forum (besides Dragon's original thesis: faster web browsing on nexus 1)? people in this forum love their tp2s. why don't you all post in an ANDROID forum where people love their ANDROID phones? No matter how much you go on and on about your nexus one, diehard tp2 & winmo fans will not change their minds about their phones or their OS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2