PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sprintar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need dialer with bigger numbers

is there a dialer with bigger numbers? I run silence rom on my phone. TIA
Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: Need dialer with bigger numbers

Get some glasses...the numbers are bigger than most flip phone dialpads. I find it hard that anyone would want bigger numbers.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

In addition to the thoughtful reply above, take a look at Phone Ex and Inesoft Phone 5.

http://www.iconsoft.com/?language=en...e094db10fc83b1

http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=phone.html

Doug M.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The inesoft app is awesome, I have used it through about six different phones now & it works fantastic.

The dialer is full screen & does not cause any problems whatever like some 3rd party dialers seem to.

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Get some glasses...the numbers are bigger than most flip phone dialpads. I find it hard that anyone would want bigger numbers.
Why would you even bother to post a response like this??

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Yeah, why so harsh? The OP could just be a full-figured woman, a la Deuce Bigelow.

Jmorton, does the Inesoft phone dialer work with the custom 6.5 roms? especially manila 2.1?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

http://www.iconsoft.com/?language=en...e094db10fc83b1 these guys here have a pretty cool phone dialer for all windows mobile platforms. I've done some testing on both windows mobile 6 and 6.5. This phone dialer is very easy to install since it is a simple cab and will not require a hardrest or unlocking your phone. You can simply uninstall the program and go back to your stock dialer.

They have a 14 day trial you can download and i believe have coupon codes too. I also tested software on both a VGA and WGA devices. One thing i like about this dialer is the size of the phone buttons. The interface is very Iphonish. Another cool feature is the ability to customize the application. The app also supports double clicking/tapping. I like to use phonex to handle outbound calls and have my stock dialer answer incoming. That way i have slide to answer and see the state (location of caller) on incoming number and phonex dialer interfaces to go through my call history.

One improvement i wish iconsoft would put in would be the ability to have more than 9 speed dials. Location caller and slide to answer would also be nice. The software takes about 8 megs and I recommend installing this to internal storage. Ram usage was about 5 megs which is pretty good considering I disabled TF3d and that takes up 8 megs.

Have Fun,
Sid
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandogg View Post

Jmorton, does the Inesoft phone dialer work with the custom 6.5 roms? especially manila 2.1?
yes, it works with every ROM I have ever tried it with including manila 2.1, manila 2.5 & both WM 6.1 & 6.5

I am using it right now with the NRG Dusk ROM (WM 6.5 & manila 2.5) & it works super.

The iconsoft program is very similar, I have used both rather extensively & I personally prefer the inesoft program myself although they are both excellent apps.

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

PS: PM me for install info

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So when you install one of these programs, does it take the "place" of the original dialer and contacts list for all your devices shortcuts to those things?

I.E. when you select phone from the main TF3D Today page, or tab over to the TF3D Favorites page and hit contacts, is this what comes up?

Or basically do I have to go to start, and then scroll down to the shortcut, like all the other programs I have to start to use, and then start the program to use it?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2