PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation TP2 ROM Guide<>all major ROMs in one thread<>UPDATED 24 JAN 2010

TP2 is the luckiest device (after TP1 ) in getting that many ROMs in this short period of time in this forum. It is now the time to help the newbies to get to know the ROMS and also a simple guide for new comers who are looking for a ROM from PPCgeeks.com

Different people like different ROMs , a ROM that is great to me might be just regular to another user,and it might be useless to another,depending on what are looking for : like eye candy , speed , internet functionality , gaming , simplicity , or the most recent UIs .

all the ROMs here are wonderful , and the purpose behind this thread is not to point fingers to any ROM , it is simply a guide to new users about each ROM and its features and help them to choose.

1-MightyROM WM6.5 with sense UI (weather manila 2.1) is your choice if you are looking for stock like stability ,great battery life, and it is fast as well.it is by far the most popular one, and it does not need any more description , it is MightyROM !
the new year relaese 2010 is different in the fact that he included registry tweaks and ported 2.5 email tab to the sense 2.1 UI. and it is little bit faster than the previous releases.
UPDT:24 jan 10
some people reported bugs in the bluetooth packages .if you do not use the BT that much ...it is fine.
2-Energy ROM leo is the famous eye candy , getting more and more stable in the latest releases and it is loaded with the important and useful software , it utilizes the new LEO HTC HD2 manila 2.5 and there are nice cabs to enable the landscape view for this manila.
if you are looking for an eye candy with regular weather sense UI , go with energy phoenix 2.it is nice and stable and you might consider some minor tweaks to make it great ROM for yourself and daily use.

3-Juicy ROM now it is faster and so stable , it has the manila 2.5 UI (like Energy Leo).so stable and so nice coming to you from a big time expert and great chef.you will find an extraordinary speed for manilla 2.5 !

4-Mr.X ROM by Juggalo_X if you are Looking for hell like speed ! in WM6.5 especially his latest release 11/28 , so stable and rocket fast with the only vital and necessary applications and the nice thing about this ROM is that you can add as much applications as you can , and you wont lose its speed.
I am still waiting for the genius X to release his new ROMs to test them cause that what I use for my second device usually(I run my own cooked ROM in one of devices and juggalo ROM in the other), I wish that he will not divorce the forum like last year his ROMs are turbo charged !
Edit jan 21 2010 Mr.X did it again , AND IT IS AS USUAL. ROCKING SOLID AND PORCHE IN SPEED,
I TESTED IT AND NO MAJOR ISSUES nor bugs.
juggalo's last update has a perfectly working SMS/MMS .
it has a weather manila 2.1 UI with email and calendar tabs ported from 2.5.

5-Cfay almost bare bones with some necessary application , and it is really a great one , simple and classic , and fast as well.and it is like juggalo's ROM , stay fast even after installing too many apps.
CFAy last ROM january release is fast as well and stable and recommended if you are looking for a fast 6.5 .

6-Calkulin kitchen: one of the best kichens available, great complete packages .
you consider this kitchen if you are a speed lover and/or WM6.1 fan.his kitchen spports weather manila and his WM 6.1 ROM is a great one .
you can build out of his WM6.1 Kitchen an amazingly fast ROM., and you can even customize your manila clock , slider curtains by using different packages in the kitchen (nice !).
some users prefer 6.1 over 6.5 for its speed .and this is great choice for them.
WM6.5 is a turtle compared to WM 6.1 (just kidding it is a personal opinion as WM6.1 is finalized and no more builds for WM6.1 , meaning it is solid build and no more updates are needed.but it is old (just like when we talk about windows XP or early vista builds.
WM 6.5 kitchen all builds are nice and has a great packages , all are tested and totaly stable (including 6.5.1+).
the new release 31 dec 2009 is the fastest and cleanest packages and it is BY FAR the fastest kitchen available for TP2 , and by using this kitchen , I was able to build the fastest ROM for the TP2 I have witnessed and tested , and it is a WM6.1 with sense UI.
CALKULIN'S WM6.1 ROMS AND KITCHENS ARE THE FASTEST SO FAR AND I AM TOTALLY UNSUCCESSFUL FINDING ANYTHING MORE STABLE/FASTER THAN CALKULIN.

7-Silence ROM just appeared , and it went fast towards the top , almost a release everyday , until today's release which is nice and he avoided all the previous releases mini bugs. stable and superfast and I expect a great future for this ROM based on this strong beginning .( no wonder it is silence!).
.current version in FINAL and it is super snappy , nice build , almost bug free and the album supports facebook and social networking uploader . which is an advantage over other WM6.5 ROM with weather manila.
IT IS FINAL VERSION NOW AND IT IS THE 6.5 LOVERS BEST CHOICE . TRULY FAST AND CLEAN.
jan 4 RELEASE, is super snappy and it is light as well .

8-SSK great ROMs and kitchens as ussual, the WM 6.5 kitchen is more stable than 6.1 , and if you are a 6.1 lover. you can build great ROM out of it .
update SSK dec 25 2009 . new build of WM6.1 kitchen . faster than the older one , but still needs some work.

9-eRice by electronicrice kitchen : user friendly very updated packages and bug free (almost clean packages and he make sure to put the most updated versions always ! but he does not have the WM6.1 builds.

10-we started with mike, and here we end
project ROMs 6.5.X and manila HD2 ,if you like the trendy UI , and the most recent WM version , then it is your choice , it is still getting updates every day , and improving day after day , nice and clean , fast and responsive . and I expect a great future for this series.Update 28 dec 2009 , MightyMike is the first Geek who builds manila 2.5 with landscape based on the official HTC update below.
manila 2.5 lovers now enjoy landscape support .you can find this in his Project ROMs and I tested , and It is working fine as a very first release.

Dec 27 2009 updt, HTC officially release manila 2.5 landscape update , will be so great for energy , juicy , and project ROMs by Mike.and other ROMs utilizing TF3D 2.5 check here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103387

sorry for the rest of chefs and the ROMs , but this is what I have tested and what I know about , may be there are ROMs way better than what I have listed here,but I do not know much about them , and I have not tested them , and it definitely does not mean that they are not good , it simply means that I do not know about them.
and the forum is open for adding.

some people are asking me to put the bugs and the negative findings that these ROMs might have and my answer is:
Most of these ROMs are Supported by the moderator . and they have special threads and the moderators are consistently fixing the little bugs and releasing hot fix cabs . if you like a ROM . go to its thread amd you will find everything you need related to that ROM , if not ......contact the moderator (cook) to get the fix and/or answer your question.

if that was helpful , pls be helpful and click thanx

LAST UPDATED 24 JAN 2010

Last edited by Maan76; 01-24-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: JANUARY 24 2010
This post has been thanked 45 times.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: TP2 ROM Guide<>all ROMs in one thread<>how to choose your TP2 ROM

Very nice !! You are pardoned for your annoying signature

It would be nice (if applicable) if you could comment some differences in a few areas.

1) SMS & MMS (Since this seems more discussed than anything)
2) Provisioning and/or do some work better than others for certain carriers.
3) Documentation

Even though I don't run Mighty ROM, I must say his documentation, installation is the best I tried. Engery could use a little help in that area but he spends so much time pleasing multiple platforms, themes, OS etc. I think he must be building like 20 images on each round (I think he has 16 images for Touch Pro 2 alone WVGA).
Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Thumbs up Re: TP2 ROM Guide<>all ROMs in one thread<>how to choose your TP2 ROM

Thank you. Your piece was very well written and very infomative. Im sure it wil only improve as time goes on with everyones 2 cents comming in... Hopefully this will help clear the confusion as many new users have trickled in since this device was made available.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

richc3 is just getting started

Much appreciated, it was intimidating looking at all the threads.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Very nice !! You are pardoned for your annoying signature

It would be nice (if applicable) if you could comment some differences in a few areas.

1) SMS & MMS (Since this seems more discussed than anything)
2) Provisioning and/or do some work better than others for certain carriers.
3) Documentation

Even though I don't run Mighty ROM, I must say his documentation, installation is the best I tried. Engery could use a little help in that area but he spends so much time pleasing multiple platforms, themes, OS etc. I think he must be building like 20 images on each round (I think he has 16 images for Touch Pro 2 alone WVGA).

SMS and MMS being a pending issue for everybody , every now and then you hear some little issue , even in one of these major 10 ROMs

but I know for sure that SMS and MMS was working for me in : Mighty , Juggalo , Cfay and calkulin ROMs in sprint .
Mighty juggalo and cfay work perfectly for telus sprint and verizon. and may be more . I am putting here what's been comfirmed to me .
documetation : you can see it in the head of each ROM.

energy and juicy had issues initially with the SMSs for Sprint and verizon and there is a fix now works for almost everybody (including me ).
I am not a fan of SMS and I prefer to email people . it is free and more professional for work purposes.
so may be somebody else will give you a better answer/ more details for SMS MMS issues.
but all of the above ROMs are supported and the threads are full of tweaking cabs , and fixes for the little bugs that appear every now and then .
by the way even with the STOCK ROM I had a HUGE BAD NASTY BUG in the phone caller ID , no cab or registry in the web was able to fix it .
so little things are very expected with such complicated devices with that amount of functions and apps .
these devices are little laptops in our pocket and even more !
Old 12-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: qwest

vishalgupta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
TP2 is the luckiest device (after TP1 ) in getting that many ROMs in this short period of time in this forum. It is now the time to help the newbies to get to know the ROMS and also a simple guide for new comers who are looking for a ROM from PPCgeeks.com

Different people like different ROMs , a ROM that is great to me might be just regular to another user,and it might be useless to another,depending on what are looking for : like eye candy , speed , internet functionality , gaming , simplicity , or the most recent UIs .

all the ROMs here are wonderful , and the purpose behind this thread is not to point fingers to any ROM , it is simply a guide to new users about each ROM and its features and help them to choose.

1-MightyROM WM6.5 with sense UI (weather manila 2.1) is your choice if you are looking for stock like stability ,great battery life, and it is fast as well.it is by far the most popular one, and it does not need any more description , it is MightyROM !

2-Energy ROM leo is the famous eye candy , getting more and more stable in the latest releases and it is loaded with the important and useful software , it utilizes the new LEO HTC HD2 manila 2.5 and there are nice cabs to enable the landscape view for this manila.
if you are looking for an eye candy with regular weather sense UI , go with energy phoenix 2.it is nice and stable and you might consider some minor tweaks to make it great ROM for yourself and daily use.

3-Juicy ROM now it is R6 and so stable and fast as well , it has the manila 2.5 UI (like Energy Leo).so stable and so nice coming to you from a big time expert and great chef.

4-Mr.X ROM by Juggalo_X if you are Looking for hell like speed ! in WM6.5 especially his latest release 11/28 , so stable and rocket fast with the only vital and necessary applications and the nice thing about this ROM is that you can add as much applications as you can , and you wont lose its speed.

5-Cfay almost bare bones with some necessary application , and it is really a great one , simple and classic , and fast as well.and it is like juggalo's ROM , stay fast even after installing too many apps.

6-Calkulin kitchen: one of the best kichens available, great complete packages .
you consider this kitchen if you are a speed lover and/or WM6.1 fan.his kitchen spports weather manila and his WM 6.1 ROM is a great one .
you can build out of his WM6.1 Kitchen an amazingly fast ROM., and you can even customize your manila clock , slider curtains by using different packages in the kitchen (nice !).
some users prefer 6.1 over 6.5 for its speed .and this is great choice for them.
WM6.5 is a turtle compared to WM 6.1 (just kidding it is a personal opinion as WM6.1 is finalized and no more builds for WM6.1 , meaning it is solid build and no more updates are needed.but it is old (just like when we talk about windows XP or early vista builds.
WM 6.5 kitchen all builds are nice and has a great packages , all are tested and totaly stable (including 6.5.1+).

7-Silence ROM just appeared , and it went fast towards the top , almost a release everyday , until today's release which is nice and he avoided all the previous releases mini bugs. stable and superfast and I expect a great future for this ROM based on this strong beginning .( no wonder it is silence!).

8-SSK great ROMs and kitchens as ussual, the WM 6.5 kitchen is more stable than 6.1 , and if you are a 6.1 lover. you can build great ROM out of it .

9-eRice by electronicrice kitchen : user friendly very updated packages and bug free (almost clean packages and he make sure to put the most updated versions always ! but he does not have the WM6.1 builds.

10-we started with mike, and here we end
project ROMs 6.5.X and manila HD2 ,if you like the trendy UI , and the most recent WM version , then it is your choice , it is still getting updates every day , and improving day after day , nice and clean , fast and responsive . and I expect a great future for this series.

sorry for the rest of chefs and the ROMs , but this is what I have tested and what I know about , may be there are ROMs way better than what I have listed here,but I do not know much about them , and I have not tested them , and it definitely does not mean that they are not good , it simply means that I do not know about them.
and the forum is open for adding.

if that was helpful , pls be helpful and click thanx
its gr8 to hv a thread which discusses all roms available

it will be gr8 to have a poll between all the roms
i hope it will be more helpul to the newbies like us

plzz consider my appeal
thanxxxx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

we try to avoid poll between ROMs as they are all good , and it all about what you want from the ROM.
believe me , if you choose any of these 10 ROMs listed , even Randomly you will never regret it . they are all good period.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

632627 is just getting started

which roms have the updated bluetooth drivers that fix the hang up (or lack thereof) issue?
Old 12-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 632627 View Post
which roms have the updated bluetooth drivers that fix the hang up (or lack thereof) issue?

I believe mike's ROM and Juggalo X , I would rather ask in their threads also .
Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Good post keep up the good work. I know many users like to be told whats what before a choice. tthere are MANY great roms out there. Just got ot fins what you need, flash and never look back

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2