View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Maan76
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 ROM Guide<>all ROMs in one thread<>how to choose your TP2 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Very nice !! You are pardoned for your annoying signature

It would be nice (if applicable) if you could comment some differences in a few areas.

1) SMS & MMS (Since this seems more discussed than anything)
2) Provisioning and/or do some work better than others for certain carriers.
3) Documentation

Even though I don't run Mighty ROM, I must say his documentation, installation is the best I tried. Engery could use a little help in that area but he spends so much time pleasing multiple platforms, themes, OS etc. I think he must be building like 20 images on each round (I think he has 16 images for Touch Pro 2 alone WVGA).

SMS and MMS being a pending issue for everybody , every now and then you hear some little issue , even in one of these major 10 ROMs

but I know for sure that SMS and MMS was working for me in : Mighty , Juggalo , Cfay and calkulin ROMs in sprint .
Mighty juggalo and cfay work perfectly for telus sprint and verizon. and may be more . I am putting here what's been comfirmed to me .
documetation : you can see it in the head of each ROM.

energy and juicy had issues initially with the SMSs for Sprint and verizon and there is a fix now works for almost everybody (including me ).
I am not a fan of SMS and I prefer to email people . it is free and more professional for work purposes.
so may be somebody else will give you a better answer/ more details for SMS MMS issues.
but all of the above ROMs are supported and the threads are full of tweaking cabs , and fixes for the little bugs that appear every now and then .
by the way even with the STOCK ROM I had a HUGE BAD NASTY BUG in the phone caller ID , no cab or registry in the web was able to fix it .
so little things are very expected with such complicated devices with that amount of functions and apps .
these devices are little laptops in our pocket and even more !