vishalgupta
Lurker

vishalgupta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 ROM Guide<>all ROMs in one thread<>how to choose your TP2 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
TP2 is the luckiest device (after TP1 ) in getting that many ROMs in this short period of time in this forum. It is now the time to help the newbies to get to know the ROMS and also a simple guide for new comers who are looking for a ROM from PPCgeeks.com

Different people like different ROMs , a ROM that is great to me might be just regular to another user,and it might be useless to another,depending on what are looking for : like eye candy , speed , internet functionality , gaming , simplicity , or the most recent UIs .

all the ROMs here are wonderful , and the purpose behind this thread is not to point fingers to any ROM , it is simply a guide to new users about each ROM and its features and help them to choose.

1-MightyROM WM6.5 with sense UI (weather manila 2.1) is your choice if you are looking for stock like stability ,great battery life, and it is fast as well.it is by far the most popular one, and it does not need any more description , it is MightyROM !

2-Energy ROM leo is the famous eye candy , getting more and more stable in the latest releases and it is loaded with the important and useful software , it utilizes the new LEO HTC HD2 manila 2.5 and there are nice cabs to enable the landscape view for this manila.
if you are looking for an eye candy with regular weather sense UI , go with energy phoenix 2.it is nice and stable and you might consider some minor tweaks to make it great ROM for yourself and daily use.

3-Juicy ROM now it is R6 and so stable and fast as well , it has the manila 2.5 UI (like Energy Leo).so stable and so nice coming to you from a big time expert and great chef.

4-Mr.X ROM by Juggalo_X if you are Looking for hell like speed ! in WM6.5 especially his latest release 11/28 , so stable and rocket fast with the only vital and necessary applications and the nice thing about this ROM is that you can add as much applications as you can , and you wont lose its speed.

5-Cfay almost bare bones with some necessary application , and it is really a great one , simple and classic , and fast as well.and it is like juggalo's ROM , stay fast even after installing too many apps.

6-Calkulin kitchen: one of the best kichens available, great complete packages .
you consider this kitchen if you are a speed lover and/or WM6.1 fan.his kitchen spports weather manila and his WM 6.1 ROM is a great one .
you can build out of his WM6.1 Kitchen an amazingly fast ROM., and you can even customize your manila clock , slider curtains by using different packages in the kitchen (nice !).
some users prefer 6.1 over 6.5 for its speed .and this is great choice for them.
WM6.5 is a turtle compared to WM 6.1 (just kidding it is a personal opinion as WM6.1 is finalized and no more builds for WM6.1 , meaning it is solid build and no more updates are needed.but it is old (just like when we talk about windows XP or early vista builds.
WM 6.5 kitchen all builds are nice and has a great packages , all are tested and totaly stable (including 6.5.1+).

7-Silence ROM just appeared , and it went fast towards the top , almost a release everyday , until today's release which is nice and he avoided all the previous releases mini bugs. stable and superfast and I expect a great future for this ROM based on this strong beginning .( no wonder it is silence!).

8-SSK great ROMs and kitchens as ussual, the WM 6.5 kitchen is more stable than 6.1 , and if you are a 6.1 lover. you can build great ROM out of it .

9-eRice by electronicrice kitchen : user friendly very updated packages and bug free (almost clean packages and he make sure to put the most updated versions always ! but he does not have the WM6.1 builds.

10-we started with mike, and here we end
project ROMs 6.5.X and manila HD2 ,if you like the trendy UI , and the most recent WM version , then it is your choice , it is still getting updates every day , and improving day after day , nice and clean , fast and responsive . and I expect a great future for this series.

sorry for the rest of chefs and the ROMs , but this is what I have tested and what I know about , may be there are ROMs way better than what I have listed here,but I do not know much about them , and I have not tested them , and it definitely does not mean that they are not good , it simply means that I do not know about them.
and the forum is open for adding.

if that was helpful , pls be helpful and click thanx
its gr8 to hv a thread which discusses all roms available

it will be gr8 to have a poll between all the roms
i hope it will be more helpul to the newbies like us

plzz consider my appeal
thanxxxx
This post has been thanked 1 times.