PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hi guys, i really need help/advice. ok so i have a sprint and i just got my 5th replacement through advance exchange today... my 3rd replacement this month... each fone i get freezes at times and i have to remove the battery. this happens 3-4x a day... i was on the fone with sprint all day yesterday and they kept saying they wont do anything about it because im past my 3rd replacement.after several more calls, someone finally sent me another replacement. a supervisor said i called 28x yesterday and i guess they still dont understand i am having serious issues here... does anyone know someone i can contact at sprint to have this resolved? i just want a fone that works, preferebly a different model. ive heard everything from there is nothing that can be done, use my upgrade, call asurion, hung up on over 5x, etc. they act like i am sending in for replacements just for the fun of it... i have read online about people that have these probs with sprint and they have done stuff like credit their account for the full price of the problematic fone or just giving them a free fone of their choic but i cant seem to get any resolution at all... ive even threatened to cancel my service but they dont budge or they hang up on me... i just want a fone that works, can someone please help me? i would really appreciate it. thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 5TH SPRINT REPLACEMENT... WHAT DO I DO???

Wow 5 PHONES huh? Well were you running stock on each one? Did you install any cabs? Seems kinda crazy to go through 5 and the phone has been out a little more than 4 months. I don't know what you can do if EVERY SINGLE phone is doing the same thing. All I can say is GOOD LUCK with sprint...
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

I echo Mike's sentiment. Are you installing anything at all over and above what comes on the phone? This sounds like a bad program is causing your issues.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I am on the EnergyROM 28008 with WM6.5.3, and I think I get the same issue. It just freezes at times. No screen, no power, just a soft reset to fix. I even turned off the feature that turns the screen off after a few minutes, and noticed today it was frozen while dim. When I was on the stock rom (albeit Verizon), it was super smooth and stable. No problems. But I like my phones nice and newest technology, so I flash, and kinda deal with the bugs.

I don't know what to say to help you. I think after 5 phones, you may have to re-assess your needs in a phone, maybe this is too much for you. Most of us here know to deal with it sometimes as it comes with the territory, but occasionally, people get super picky and nit-picky (not saying you are, just making a point). Anyways, good luck and I hope things work out for you.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Am I in the right forum? (touch pro 1)... lol.

But seriously, after 3 you should be able to swap it out for another phone. I haven't seen anyone needing to swap out for that many TP2s.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

What programs are you installing? You should be pretty sure at this point that it's not the phone, but it's you or the programs you are installing.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I am on the EnergyROM 28008 with WM6.5.3, and I think I get the same issue. It just freezes at times. No screen, no power, just a soft reset to fix. I even turned off the feature that turns the screen off after a few minutes, and noticed today it was frozen while dim. When I was on the stock rom (albeit Verizon), it was super smooth and stable. No problems. But I like my phones nice and newest technology, so I flash, and kinda deal with the bugs.

I don't know what to say to help you. I think after 5 phones, you may have to re-assess your needs in a phone, maybe this is too much for you. Most of us here know to deal with it sometimes as it comes with the territory, but occasionally, people get super picky and nit-picky (not saying you are, just making a point). Anyways, good luck and I hope things work out for you.

if i'm not mistaken i think energyrom uses showcase, thats probably the reason your phone freezes.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks like you need to get yourself an iPhone, bud! Kinda like switching to automatic from manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hi guys, i really need help/advice. ok so i have a sprint and i just got my 5th replacement through advance exchange today... my 3rd replacement this month... each fone i get freezes at times and i have to remove the battery. this happens 3-4x a day... i was on the fone with sprint all day yesterday and they kept saying they wont do anything about it because im past my 3rd replacement.after several more calls, someone finally sent me another replacement. a supervisor said i called 28x yesterday and i guess they still dont understand i am having serious issues here... does anyone know someone i can contact at sprint to have this resolved? i just want a fone that works, preferebly a different model. ive heard everything from there is nothing that can be done, use my upgrade, call asurion, hung up on over 5x, etc. they act like i am sending in for replacements just for the fun of it... i have read online about people that have these probs with sprint and they have done stuff like credit their account for the full price of the problematic fone or just giving them a free fone of their choic but i cant seem to get any resolution at all... ive even threatened to cancel my service but they dont budge or they hang up on me... i just want a fone that works, can someone please help me? i would really appreciate it. thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

If you had 5 phones....lol its your fault...Your doing something wrong...I hate being a jerk, but i would have canceled your account. And told you to go somewhere else. lol
Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

it happens to me and i'm on stock. it wasn't doing it when i 1st got the phone, but it's freezing more and more each day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2