PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
N00b

chiromikey is keeping up the good workchiromikey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
program memory...how low will it go???

i've been soft resetting daily to maintain enough program memory to run apps but decided to see how much memory will continue to leak if i let it go. just after a soft reset i show 21mb free. after one day i showed 17mb free. i'm now on day two and only show 12mb free. i've limited my use the basics like pie, wmp, calendar+, and the phone and i obviously close all programs after each use out of necessity. the only today screen app i'm using is a basic weatherpanel config...MUCH less than i used to fly with on the 6700.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
make sure u are running a task manager... i use HTC X-Button 1.5 bc i soft reset at 21 megs and do about the same as u i have had mine as low as 4 but just close all the apps and up it goes

hope that helps... running at 12-18 isnt soo bad
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i always use a task manager (remember i said that i always close programs). i started with mb until htc-x button became available. it's pretty sad that we even have to worry about closing apps considering the specs of this device.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i always use a task manager (remember i said that i always close programs). i started with mb until htc-x button became available. it's pretty sad that we even have to worry about closing apps considering the specs of this device.
tell me about it lol... i soft reset 3 times a day anyways im always messing something up....
Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Odd... I don't have to soft reset so often. I have a very loaded Today screen and I was running 4 apps in the background with no issues today.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I am routinely around 9 MB and use Memmaid and SK Tools 'Reclaim RAM' utilities to free up as much RAM as possible.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The freeware version of SKTools installs an icon in your Program list "FreeUP RAM" that does help if you don't want to spend money on an app. Run it a few times in a row and you should get back some RAM.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lol...i pulled it off the charger this morning and the damn thing soft reset ITSELF! maybe i trained it to soft reset when the program memory gets too low with the amount of times i've had to do it myself.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I tend to soft reset mine at least once a day. I'd rather not waste memory with a memory recapture tool when it just takes a minute or so to do it the heavy way.

But I, too, am disappointed that this is even necessary. A friend of mine (turned out to be a major ROM-maker on these very forums for the 6700) explained that the "missing" memory is reserved for the phone portion (too bad that doesn't stop the system from refusing to answer the phone when it's overloaded). But there's still got to be a way for the system to manage itself better.

Man I can't wait for the custom ROMs to hit.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

this memory problem is getting so bad that even with 15mb free just after a soft reset, as soon as i open pie i'm down to 2mb and can't completely open entire webpages. this thing is fuggin HORRIBLE!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan