PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche'
Also, YES, it does have something to do with my phone. I payed that money so that I would be able to BUY and USE a phone provided by Sprint.
-Touche'
No you paid the 125 to use sprints service. You don't pay monthly payments on your phone, you pay monthly payments for service. It's a contract between you and sprint. You are more of a liability than the average customer and have a greater chance of not paying your bills, so they dock you 125 and give you a spending limit. Sprint has a wide array of phones, many of them free or under 50.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker
try these #:
Retentions No Wait Time:
866-881-9571
877-766-7697
877-851-1832

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Lurker

aaronz is a n00b
insight

you are misunderstanding a few things with your situation that need to be cleared up.
1. if the manager did tell you that he would dhrp you to a 6800 and now is going back on his word then that IS an issue. however Sprints policy has nothing to do wit that. you should hold him/them accountable and go after them. I understand they work for and represent sprint but your not going to get anything from the rest of sprint because they are going to follow policy and not give a free upgrade because you didn't earn it in their eyes. however what you can do is be a pita to the managers. ask to speak to his rm/dm if he says no don't leave untill he calls him her and explain the situation to that person. they will 99 % of the time tell that mngr just to shut you up and give you the phone. I have seen it happen plenty of times. I personally never let it get that far but if the mngr lied to you then I feel that person deserves it.

2. when you xcl your account a 200 fee is placed on your account. Your balance and last bill will also be added to that amount. then you deposit is returned to the account and will go towards thatvlast bill. that is a fact. you are responsible for what ever balance is left. if you have a credit you have to request it be sent to you in a check. that's how it works so don't let anyone tell you different.

3. Remember sprint is in business to provide you cell phone service. not handsets. they do that as a crtsy to their customers or else everyone would be paying 250 dollars for a free phone (think cdm-120). phone prices are subsidized(sp)?.

id type more but these keys on the 6800 are cramping my thumbs. Good luck get in the managers hair, that doesn't meen be a d!ck to him just be persistant and calm.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

doylecm is a n00b
understanding

Touche,
I know where you are coming from. I have had problems with my 6700 and the tech guy at the Sprint store offered me a treo 700 because the 6700 was discontinued and when I declined, he offered to swap me for a 6800 when it comes out in the store. That was two months ago and now I am afraid that when I go back in they are going to try and give me a 6700. Considering all the OS and software issues I have had and the fact that the usb port just stop working and/or charging, makes me want another 6700 even less. Its not like I am trying to get upgrade a $250 phone for a $550 one. Both the 6700 and 6800 have the same retail price.

Touche, I feel ya. It's easy for people sit here and pass judgement, but if they were in your shoes, they would be expecting the same thing.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche'
Also, YES, it does have something to do with my phone. I payed that money so that I would be able to BUY and USE a phone provided by Sprint.
-Touche'
No you paid the 125 to use sprints service. You don't pay monthly payments on your phone, you pay monthly payments for service. It's a contract between you and sprint. You are more of a liability than the average customer and have a greater chance of not paying your bills, so they dock you 125 and give you a spending limit. Sprint has a wide array of phones, many of them free or under 50.
Yeah, EXACTLY. However, because of this piece of crap phone I can hardly ever use ANY of Sprint's Services. Actually, I was just up at the store and my phone rang. I handed it to the manager and told him to answer it. He hit answer, then tried the talk button...he couldn't answer the call. If I try to use the net...it freezes. When I go to my contacts...it freezes. If phone call comes through (when it actually LETS a call through)...it freezes.

Tell me... EXACTLY what Sprint services am I able to use?

-Touche'
Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No offence. You think your the only one who went through 4 6700's and complained about dropped calls, freezing phones, blah blah blah. We all did, personally i just dealth with it, and missed 90% of my phone calls for 6 months. You obviously havn't dealt with it long enough, cause the second the 6800 came out, I was more than happy to pay for it. I'd rather get rid of my 6700 and pay for a 6800, than have my 6700 and bitch about not getting a 6800 free. Fine line between wanting a 6800 and being completly fed up with the 6700; your willing to pay for the 6800.

Good luck trying, but I dont think it should be an upgrade for a few months.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
N00b

ChuckG is a n00b
Let it be a lesson learned for the future and for anyone else who may find themselves in a similar situation.

4 words: "GET IT IN WRITING"

Promises mean jack in the business world, especially when you're small fish like most of us. Contracts mean everything. Next time you get a promise like that from a manager, tell them that you really appreciate the extra effort he would put in to keep your business with Sprint, going above and beyond what's written in Sprint's policy and all, and could you please get a signed statement to reflect that? Then you've got something to work with instead of "but he told me so, he's a liar!"
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap
No offence. You think your the only one who went through 4 6700's and complained about dropped calls, freezing phones, blah blah blah. We all did, personally i just dealth with it, and missed 90% of my phone calls for 6 months. You obviously havn't dealt with it long enough, cause the second the 6800 came out, I was more than happy to pay for it. I'd rather get rid of my 6700 and pay for a 6800, than have my 6700 and b***h about not getting a 6800 free. Fine line between wanting a 6800 and being completly fed up with the 6700; your willing to pay for the 6800.

Good luck trying, but I don't think it should be an upgrade for a few months.
I know that I'm not the only one, and all that does is extend my point. The manager said that he was now on his 8th one. HE completely agreed with my view on the situation. All they've been doing (with 6700s) is replacing crap with crap. I, like EVERYONE ELSE, paid a good amount of money for a product that was supposed to work, but didn't. I was then sent a replacement that was supposed to work, but IT didn't. Are you saying that I should just throw away $400, then pay $350 for another phone b/c they sell a product that doesn't work? Not me. Do what YOU will.

Anyway, it's almost been resolved. The policy says that if you've been through 3 6700s (or whatever phone) that you can be upgraded for $50 through your insurance. Manager was hella cool... He said, "Now, this is your 3rd phone. IF this one were to happen to FREEZE.......EVER.........EVEN ONCE....be sure to bring it back. I'll write a ticket for it, as well as notate that on your account. "

Eh... Good enough for me. $50 is a very small price to pay for a 6800.

By the way, if YOU chose to just let Sprint screw you, that's your deal. I, personally, don't just sit back while ANY company sells me something that doesn't work, then replaces it with something that doesn't work. I'm not gonna pay $400 for a phone that doesn't work, then pay another $350 for another phone. It's just irrational. However, that's just my opinion. Something I've noticed is that most of the people who disagree with me are the people who bought theirs at full price, or maybe a $200 discount. Call me a whiner. Call me obnoxious. Call me a baby... but in the end, I spent A LOT less than most other people. Call that what you want...

-Touche'
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
N00b

jgctx is a n00b
I just went through the exact same thing and even had writen Gary Forsee, CEO, of sprint. And guess what he wrote back, and today they told me the new 6800 was shipped out at no charge, just send my 700wx back.....they even put $600 worthof credits on my bill........
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
everyone wants stuff for free. the real world doesnt operate liek that and its sad that peopel can bitch and complain and companies wil lfold to keep their business. personally i consider it stealing when you bitch till you get free shit. your causng problems for other people and for the company your dealing with. if you keep getting windows phoens and they keep freezing for you then maybe the problem is you. either that or go get a regular phone. No technology is perfect and anyone with half a brain knows that anything involving windows is gonig to freeze, lockup, and eventually die. its the nature of the crappy products microsoft puts out.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan