PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Email button broke, Sprint won't replace in-store

My Email button (top left button) broke off a few weeks ago and I finally decided to take it in to sprint Friday. They told me that this is considered physical damage and that I'd have to pay the $50 deductable and go through Asurian. Here's my question though, in the pamphlet that they gave me about TEP, it states that "wear and tear" are covered in-store. Shouldn't this be considered wear & tear since I did nothing to break the button and it just fell off one day? I also ran into a coworker at my job who's exact same button fell off and he didn't know how it happened.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Email button broke, Sprint won't replace in-store

How long have you had the phone?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

I think it just depends on what Sprint store you go to. I have a a few stores within 5 miles of me, but I always go to the full service store where they have a repair facility on-site. They're really good about that stuff. Unless I busted it up with a hammer, they'll take care of it for me. If nothing else, maybe you can find something else srong that they'll take care of. I had the white spots on the screen and intermittent charger connectivity... that's always a good one... intermittent connectivity. If you're already going to a full service store, your best bet may be to call customer care.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
How long have you had the phone?
Um, probably 10 months or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
I think it just depends on what Sprint store you go to. I have a a few stores within 5 miles of me, but I always go to the full service store where they have a repair facility on-site. They're really good about that stuff. Unless I busted it up with a hammer, they'll take care of it for me. If nothing else, maybe you can find something else srong that they'll take care of. I had the white spots on the screen and intermittent charger connectivity... that's always a good one... intermittent connectivity. If you're already going to a full service store, your best bet may be to call customer care.
Yeah, I do have one white spot that I forgot to mention and I do have intermittent connectivity. I might take it back or try another repair center. Thanks for the advice
Old 11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

I just got a new one last week for the white spots and the intermittent charger connection. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

schultz9200 is a n00b

Well heres the deal with that. We use a system on the computer called Eticket which processes repair and part orders. When putting through the repair order it notifys us what price the customer will be charged if any. Say for your repair the process would be. Key/Buttons - Buttons Missing - Approve Exchange - "The customer will be charged the price of $119" - The we can click yes or no.

So there is no tweaking of the process anymore. Since the changes of the TEP (Total Equip. Protection) we are no longer able to send back a physically damaged unit unless we charged you. Otherwise the store will get a chargeback of the retail price. So at the moment any physical will not be covered under the TEP for free.

What the rep told you was your best option as an in-store fix would have been $119.

Just as a reference guys:

If you have TEP:
Physical Damage $50 deductible or $119 in-store
Software issue $0

If no TEP:
Physical Damage $119
Software $35
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

frejos is keeping up the good workfrejos is keeping up the good work

This is part of the reason I left Sprint. Unfortunately, what you say isn't what the contract says. Also the majority of the cost of TEP, $4 of the $7 for TEP, goes toward the repair/exchange protection and only $3 goes to the insurance portion.

Good luck though.

Chronobis - OWA Synchronization v0.7.0.13
Connects Directly to OWA
Download Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks
Visit http://www.chronobis.com for more details...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

It's good to know that's what the "policy" is. When i took my phone in last week, it was beat up pretty good. That's not why I took it in though. The famous WHITE SPOTS were growing and the USB port was connecting intermittently. They could have blamed it on me dropping the phone but they knew that these were very common issues with the Mogul. Since I was within the 1 year warranty and have TEP, they took care of the whole thing on-site for free....... minus the $84 per year I shell out for TEP. Maybe I'm a moron for paying for the TEP, but if I'm paying for it I'm damn sure going to use it. That's what I have it for. i recommend the same to everybody else who has it.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

schultz9200 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frejos View Post
This is part of the reason I left Sprint. Unfortunately, what you say isn't what the contract says. Also the majority of the cost of TEP, $4 of the $7 for TEP, goes toward the repair/exchange protection and only $3 goes to the insurance portion.

Good luck though.
Very true, Sprint has changed what is stated on the contract. So this also gives people an option to leave with no ETF if they argue breach of contract. Another example of that is the 5gb cap.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info schultz. Two quick follow up questions: 1. I do have white spots and connectivity issues. Does this mean that even if I just walk in with those issues that I'll have to pay because a non-related button is broken? 2. What exactly is covered under the term "wear and tear"?

Thanks again for your help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan