PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gfosco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck buttons

I've already sent back 2 Imagios... I wonder how many times they'll send me a new one before allowing me to pick a new phone. I'm very happy with this phone except for the stuck buttons, but I could see upgrading to a new model if it keeps happening.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Dirge

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I bought my Imagio in mid-January. I had problems with the buttons in April; VZ replaced the phone with a Refurbished unit. Last week the buttons started failing on the Refurbished one. VZ is sending me another phone. So, I'll be on my 3rd phone in less than 6 months.
The VZ guy told me to raise hell with HTC and said VZ only sells the device and cannot be responsible for the hardware issues. Which is horrible customer service IMO.
Anyone know who to contact at HTC?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

don't waste your time. you'll have the same HTC shoddy quality device, new or refurb.

with any smartphone... and especially an HTC smartphone... it's imperative to BACKUP for an easy restore.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Dirge

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm not concerned about losing data as I have a backup of everything. I'm just tired of dealing with shoddy hardware.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Went from a TouchPro to the Imagio [warranty exchange]. Had it a little over a week when the Windows button got stuck. It could still function, but had to press it harder than normal. I was OK with that after reading this forum and considered myself lucky. Then a few days later my green phone button just absolutely stopped working. When I took it in, the CSR was going to order a refurb. I told her it was less than 2 weeks old. She gave me a new one out of the box. This one seems to be of a different manufacture batch as the buttons feel better [maybe my imagination].
IMO, this is the best WM phone Verizion offers and am happy with the performance.
One month now, so far so good [fingers crossed].
Old 06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

MrWong is a n00b
Re: Stuck buttons home Fix

okay my dial/green button got stuck last night and i have attempted to fix it with some tape and super glue. (no warranty ).. i dont have a camera so im going to try and explain what i did to fix it.

Things you will need,

Tweezer
Super Glue
Scotch tape, What i used was Nexcare Flexible Clear Transpore Surgical Tape.
Grab some tape with some thickness.
Sharp nose scissors
Pin Needle
and a little patience

Okay First thing i did is remove the button from the phone, Be careful when removing button so that you do not lose the clear white circle that pushes the actual button in. Attached to the button there will be a white ish rubber be sure to keep as much as this rubber attached with the button. (the white part)
Any white part that is left attached around the [+] button cut it away to the black rim.

Now cut the excess rubber on the edges of the removed button of so there is nothing hainging off the button. If the white rubber is still stuck on the back of the removed button leave it there, or it wont sit flush with the other buttons once stuck back on.

Okay now examine the mini push button on the phone.. It should look like this
|LED [+] LED| Now grab your super glue, pin needle, and clear circle that you found/removed safely. put a drop of glue on a piece of paper and dip the needle in it and then rub some glue on the [+] button, (VERY little just to hold the clear circle in place, bc you dont want it to glue the button in the stuck down position. Then quickly drop the clear circle thingy on top of the [+] Button. Center it as good as you possibly can. Let dry for 5 min before continuing.

Then cut 2 square pieces of tape about the size of 3mmx3mm, to paste over the 2 LEDs on both sides of the [+] Button. ex: (|TP[+]TP|) Then Drop some glue on both pieces of Tape and press the removed button on top of it all. DO NOT GLUE THE TAPE TO THE LED! Let dry for 3 min.

And your button will be fixed! if the button does not click as it used to make your tape used wasnt thick enough. what you can do is, before you glue the button on just rest it on there and test it to see if it clicks.

Rep Me.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

the buttons on this phone are pure sh**. my windows button broke twice and now my multimedia key broke. october can not come fast enough.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work
Re: Stuck buttons home Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
okay my dial/green button got stuck last night and i have attempted to fix it with some tape and super glue. (no warranty ).. i dont have a camera so im going to try and explain what i did to fix it.

Things you will need,

Tweezer
Super Glue
Scotch tape, What i used was Nexcare Flexible Clear Transpore Surgical Tape.
Grab some tape with some thickness.
Sharp nose scissors
Pin Needle
and a little patience

Okay First thing i did is remove the button from the phone, Be careful when removing button so that you do not lose the clear white circle that pushes the actual button in. Attached to the button there will be a white ish rubber be sure to keep as much as this rubber attached with the button. (the white part)
Any white part that is left attached around the [+] button cut it away to the black rim.

Now cut the excess rubber on the edges of the removed button of so there is nothing hainging off the button. If the white rubber is still stuck on the back of the removed button leave it there, or it wont sit flush with the other buttons once stuck back on.

Okay now examine the mini push button on the phone.. It should look like this
|LED [+] LED| Now grab your super glue, pin needle, and clear circle that you found/removed safely. put a drop of glue on a piece of paper and dip the needle in it and then rub some glue on the [+] button, (VERY little just to hold the clear circle in place, bc you dont want it to glue the button in the stuck down position. Then quickly drop the clear circle thingy on top of the [+] Button. Center it as good as you possibly can. Let dry for 5 min before continuing.

Then cut 2 square pieces of tape about the size of 3mmx3mm, to paste over the 2 LEDs on both sides of the [+] Button. ex: (|TP[+]TP|) Then Drop some glue on both pieces of Tape and press the removed button on top of it all. DO NOT GLUE THE TAPE TO THE LED! Let dry for 3 min.

And your button will be fixed! if the button does not click as it used to make your tape used wasnt thick enough. what you can do is, before you glue the button on just rest it on there and test it to see if it clicks.

Rep Me.

Let me know if you have any questions!

DO NOT USE THIS METHOD

the buttons on this phone are held in place in two ways

1. there is a LIGHT adhesive
2. the body of the phone is overmolded, this overmolding is what primarily holds the buttons in place

if you use the above method you will ruin the overmolding and cutting away the rubber will 100% ruin the chance of restoring the phone to like new condition

you need to take the phone apart and take the buttons out that way, the main reason they get stuck is- the plastic circles become displaced. reposition them, and adhere your buttons back to the overmolding with fletching glue, allow 15mins to dry. word to the wise it is not worth the hassle, take it to verizon they will give you a new one for free under the OEM Defect Warranty.

Last edited by heydr; 07-02-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

stuck back button now on my replacement. the irony is that it's the button i RARELY or ever use (due to poor placement on the bottom). pathetic quality by HTC

i'll have to get a new one before preparing to dump Verizon when my contract expires in less than a month.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

echew is keeping up the good workechew is keeping up the good work

I had this happen to me with a NEW Imagio sent to me from Verizon directly and not from store stock. The phone was less than a week old and the END button failed. Swapped out for new one at a local store and so far so good. About 3 weeks old now... :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio