PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Stuck buttons (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99190)

Nick_Gl 11-29-2009 02:47 PM

Stuck buttons

So just recently my send and media key button have been stuck down. They dont click anymore and was wnodering if this has happened to anyone else. Ive already been to verizon and they are sending me a replacement and im bringing it in to the store when i get it. so has this happened to anyone else?

fwaits 11-29-2009 03:17 PM

Re: Stuck buttons

I think a few people posted they had similar issues with the End and Windows keys. Not sure if it's flukey hardware for some, or some being a little more rough with their devices, or what. So far mine have been solid.

yusky03 11-29-2009 08:01 PM

all but the send key for me fist button that went was my least used button

hisboyelroy 11-29-2009 08:32 PM

The "End" key on my Imagio stopped clicking and responding consistently to key presses on Day 29, so back it went. Its replacement is working fine (so far). An unexpected bonus - the battery life on the new unit is much better than the old one, under similar usage conditions. Go figure.

Cheers,
HBE

rashbrook 11-30-2009 01:15 PM

Having the same problem. My "End" button stuck down and stopped clicking a month after I got the phone. Verizon is telling me that they'll replace it but that they cant guarantee that I wont get charged back for the price of the phone if they "think" it was somehow my fault.

Button still works at this point, but I have to push it mighty hard to get it to work.

johncal 11-30-2009 04:35 PM

You'd think these guys would have button technology down by now. If these many failed in a month, I can't wait to see how many fail in a year. Well, I ONLY went through 5 Storms in 8 months. Hopefully this will be a better phone.

Machaon 11-30-2009 07:55 PM

Three buttons are stuck..just the Send and Back buttons work now...I'm going to see what I can do when I return home in two weeks.

hisboyelroy 12-01-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashbrook (Post 1373779)
Button still works at this point, but I have to push it mighty hard to get it to work.

When mine went bad, I found that I had better luck getting the button to respond if I pressed it using the edge of a fingernail rather than the fleshy part of the finger.

Cheers,
HBE

Lagz0ne 12-02-2009 03:05 AM

It's really strange that no one knows why buttons are depressed. I left my phone overnight and it acted like a dummy next morning. How come >.<

brodie 12-02-2009 06:11 PM

My end button just got stuck yesterday. It still works but doesn't click and somehow when I started using that button frequently, I thought this would eventually happen.