PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting and Flashing EVO Instructions for super n00b's on PC's

i just rooted. now the phone is saying my sd card is blank. thing is the card works after a reboot, but soon after it starts going "blank". anyone know why?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
i just rooted. now the phone is saying my sd card is blank. thing is the card works after a reboot, but soon after it starts going "blank". anyone know why?
Isn't that pretty much what the OTA update was supposed to fix?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

ok, this is getting frustrating. i followed the instructions shown here: http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks...ur-htc-evo-4g/

and i still cant get windows to detect my device in recovery mode. this is why "recovery-windows.bat" does not work for me.

any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Isn't that pretty much what the OTA update was supposed to fix?
i believe so. guess I screwed it up by rooting. i knew id messing something up, even with the super easy awesome instructions grrr
dschoenike
Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Stay tuned, currently uploading videos.
One video on how to root.
One video on Recovery/Nand Backup/Wipe/Flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work

ok, i FINALLY figured it out. device manager didnt see the device with i rooted with unrevoked, but it worked when using the toast method from sd card.

FINALLY! time to flash OMJ!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D - OMJ's Custom ROM

crensmeyer is becoming a great contributor

I was having this problem earlier. I installed the latest version of HTC Sync found here and it seemed to fix the problem. I believe this adds the drivers needed to detect your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
ok, this is getting frustrating. i followed the instructions shown here: http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks...ur-htc-evo-4g/

and i still cant get windows to detect my device in recovery mode. this is why "recovery-windows.bat" does not work for me.

any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crensmeyer View Post
I was having this problem earlier. I installed the latest version of HTC Sync found here and it seemed to fix the problem. I believe this adds the drivers needed to detect your phone.
i installed HTC Sync as well. when it was connected normally, i could see Android device in device manager, but when in recovery mode it would disappear, hence the "device not found" error.

i rooted with the toast sd card method and it worked right away and device manager showed Android device when in recovery.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Videos are up on the 2nd post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Here's me doing the steps described above. I tweaked it a little on the recovery section because a lot of people were having issues.

**Rooting**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ksP4g80cY

**Recovery - Nand Backup - Wipe - Flash**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFnHHfw1tM
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Videos are up on the 2nd post.
Geez Bro! What are you going to do next? Come to my house and do it for me?
Awesome!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos