PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having good luck or bad luck with the EVO 3D reception?
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than on my EVO 4G 6 11.76%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than on my EVO 4G 29 56.86%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than on my previous Sprint phone (not a EVO 4G) 5 9.80%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than on my previous Sprint phone (not a EVO 4G) 10 19.61%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Verizon 1 1.96%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Verizon 0 0%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on ATT 0 0%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on ATT 0 0%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Tmobile 0 0%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Tmobile 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems... Dropped calls and no signal

I had messed around with a couple of settings on my evo in the epst menu before and it caused a couple of problems. One was in the evdo menu, I changed it to other settings besides automatic and either my data was hella slow or I couldnt receive sms/mms. On my 3d it was set cdma. Changed it to automatic and data is a little better but we are still having a tower issue in my area so I will wait for that to be corrected to see if data returns to normal or not. The other was in the Advanced menu. On the evo the ACCOLC is set to 9 but on the 3d it was set to 1,at least on mine it was. I read (somewhere over at su)that the higer the number the higher your phones priority to connect to the network/tower is. As for the msl,call sprint they will give it to you and you can change these settings in the data menu. I would soft reset your phone after making the changes cause thats the wm in me lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Trigger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post
Ok guys, so any of you who claim not to have any signal issues, did you do this here by any chance?
[How To] Retrieve MSL and speed up internet faster - xda-developers

????

Or/and would this help with this issue?????
I tried it and it helps with the internet but not the dropped calls/degraded signal. Think its gonna be an internal antenna issue- but i've been wrong b4. Divorce 3 times, LMAO
Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Would it be OK if I post this as a poll question - e.g. are you having problems with dropped calls/signal on your EVO 3D that you didn't have on a previous Sprint phone?

I think this is a pretty significant concern
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started
Question Re: Problems... Dropped calls and no signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I had messed around with a couple of settings on my evo in the epst menu before and it caused a couple of problems. One was in the evdo menu, I changed it to other settings besides automatic and either my data was hella slow or I couldnt receive sms/mms. On my 3d it was set cdma. Changed it to automatic and data is a little better but we are still having a tower issue in my area so I will wait for that to be corrected to see if data returns to normal or not. The other was in the Advanced menu. On the evo the ACCOLC is set to 9 but on the 3d it was set to 1,at least on mine it was. I read (somewhere over at su)that the higer the number the higher your phones priority to connect to the network/tower is. As for the msl,call sprint they will give it to you and you can change these settings in the data menu. I would soft reset your phone after making the changes cause thats the wm in me lol.

Are you saying that this took care of the bouncing and you have now a solid signal now??
Old 06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Would it be OK if I post this as a poll question - e.g. are you having problems with dropped calls/signal on your EVO 3D that you didn't have on a previous Sprint phone?

I think this is a pretty significant concern

I agree that would be an interesting pool!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How is your signal/ dropped calls with EVO 3D?

Some people are having issues with the EVO 3D dropping calls - how has your luck been?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
Re: How is your signal/ dropped calls with EVO 3D?

I voted first! woohoo... lol
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

threads merged. updated poll title to include reception. thanks guys!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor

I having the exact problem and like everyone else this kills the battery, before i never had problems with TP2, now evo 3d is constantly roaming and show NO bars at time I can not even connect to 3d. if this doesn't get fixed in the next 27 days.. this bad boy is going back and I suggest everyone else does the same.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I am having the same problem as most of you. The problem is not severe enough where I can't make or receive calls but a few times my phone was in roaming when I should have had full bars EV. Also when it is not in roaming my data speeds are slower than even my Touch Pro 2 was. I have also had issues a few times getting it to connect to my airave. On the up side I was able to get strong roaming in an area where my Touch Pro 2 couldn't get anything. My guess is it is a software issue as my EVO worked fine the first day I had it. Then I accidentally did the automatic update and was having problems right away. I remember reading on XDA somewhere someone saying don't do the update.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D